WHEN AND WHERE
The game will take place on Sunday 17 January in a 12:30 (UK) kick-off at the Academy Stadium.
The game will be shown live via the BBC Red button in the UK, and FA Player elsewhere.
The semi-final draw of the Continental Cup will be conducted at half-time of BBC's coverage, conducted by Kelly Somers and Siobhan Chamberlain at 13:20.
You can also check to see whether the game will be broadcast in your country via the listings below, courtesy of livesoccertv...
|Canada||Sportsnet World, Sportsnet World Now, Sportsnet Now, Sportsnet West, Sportsnet Pacific, Sportsnet Ontario, Sportsnet East|
|Denmark||Viaplay Denmark, TV3 Sport|
|Finland||V Sport Football, Viaplay Finland|
|International||ATA Football, The FA Player, Fanatiz International|
|Ireland||BBC Red Button, BBC iPlayer|
|Norway||V Sport+, Viaplay Norway|
|Sweden||V Sport Football, Viaplay Sweden|
|United Kingdom||BBC Red Button, BBC iPlayer|
|United States||Fanatiz USA|
You can also follow the action via our dedicated matchday Twitter account: @ManCityWomen
For safety reasons in the wake of the pandemic, the fixture will be played behind-closed-doors.
In line with current protocols, additional balls will be placed at intervals around the pitch.
City are unbeaten in our last five league games and won all four of our December matches, including a crucial 2-0 triumph over Arsenal in the FA WSL and 3-0 win over Göteborg FC in the Champions League Round of 32 second leg.
Aston Villa were eliminated from the Continental Cup in midweek, losing 2-1 to Bristol City. Before the Christmas break, the Villans had won two of their previous four games, beating Bristol City 4-0 and edging Durham on penalties.
The Midlands outfit fell to defeat however at the hands of Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United.
Gareth Taylor preview
"While it was nice to have some downtime over the Christmas break, it has been a long time between games and we’re really raring to get back out onto the pitch and hopefully, pick up where we left off.
"I always pride the team on performance and in the run up to Christmas, I felt we were really starting to gain some momentum.
"There are still elements of our play we’re looking to improve on but there were some really good individual and collective performances and we were really pleased to progress in the Champions League and climb the league table to put ourselves in contention.
"We’re in amongst it and that’s where we want to be. We just need to keep producing that level of performance to ensure we’re there or thereabouts come the end of the season.
"We know our targets and we’ve put ourselves in a decent position. We need to maintain those standards."
City started 2020/21 with a bang, defeating Villa in the FA Women’s Super League season opener.
United States midfielder and World Cup winner Sam Mewis also gained her first taste of WSL action, making her debut in the heart of midfield, alongside fellow debutant Chloe Kelly, as the title hopefuls secured the perfect start against the top-flight newcomers.
LAST TIME OUT
Lauren Hemp announced she’s back with a bang, netting a Goal of the Season contender to help secure City’s passage into the Champions League Round of 16.
The PFA Young Player of the Year smashed home a rocket from 25 yards to open the scoring in the Round of 32 second leg clash against Göteborg, before substitute Georgia Stanway bagged a second-half brace to clinch a 3-0 win (5-1 on aggregate).
The superb strike marked her first goal of the season with the 20-year-old having missed the opening months of the 2020/21 campaign through injury.
The victory continued City's excellent run of form with four wins from four in December, as Gareth Taylor's side continue to progress both domestically and in Europe.
- This will be just the second Barclays FA Women’s Super League meeting between Manchester City and Aston Villa following a 2-0 victory for Gareth Taylor's side on the opening day.
- Aston Villa’s last win over City was back in October 2012 – 1-0 in the FA Women’s National Premier League. Since then, the Villans have drawn one and lost three, conceding 13 goals in those defeats.
- City remain unbeaten in 26 home games in the WSL (W21 D5), managing to keep clean sheets in 50% of those matches.
- Villa have won two and lost two of their four away league games this season, though they have kept clean sheets in each of those victories at Brighton and Bristol City.
- Georgia Stanway has had more carries with successful take-ons than any other player so far this season, carrying the ball at least five metres on 14 different occasions before skipping past an opposition player.
- My Footballing Icon: Georgia Stanway
- Jill Scott: What I've learned in 2020
- MCWFC: 2020 in review
- Mewis voted US Soccer's Female Player of the Year
- Bronze named The Best FIFA Women's Player of the Year
- Weir crowned Scotland Women's Player of the Year
- Demi Stokes: Defining Moments
- Mewis and Walsh: UWCL winners raising the bar
- Roebuck: My motivation is to be the best
- Walsh leading by example