The Club has enhanced the walking route to the Etihad Stadium and is introducing a new car parking scheme, both of which have been developed with the aim of encouraging supporters to consider alternative forms of transport on matchday.
Both initiatives have been launched as part of the Club’s ongoing commitment to tackling climate change, with further new sustainable projects expected to begin later in 2020.
Having worked closely with Manchester City Council, the improved designated walking route from the city centre to the Etihad will relaunch with a special sustainable walk to the match before the Everton game. Featuring Playmakers and live music, the walk will begin at 4:15pm from Pollard Street and those wishing to take the route can download the map here. Follow @ManCityHelp for updates and use the hashtag, #walktothematch.
New Car Parking Scheme
The new car parking scheme will commence alongside this and will see fans who share vehicles to attend games, offered a cheaper parking fee. Those who travel with two or more people in one car will be charged £8 to park, while supporters who travel on their own in a car will pay £10. Minibus and coach parking will remain free of charge. Further travel and transport information can be found here.
We hope that you will join us for the #walktothematch and look forward to seeing you at the stadium.
TRAVELLING TO THE STADIUM
Ensure you check travel conditions before setting out. For directions and stadium maps including walking routes, please click here. Travel information and advice will be updated on a weekly basis and people are urged to follow @OfficialTfGM and visit tfgm.com/traveladvice on a regular basis to stay one step ahead when it comes to planning their journeys.
NEW CAR PARK (TRIAL)
Official Club car parking is now available on the new site on the corner of Hilkirk Street and Ashton New Road. This would enable supporters travelling from/to the west of the city (Mancunian Way direction) to park outside of the road closure, and whilst a short walk from the stadium, should allow a quicker egress. Supporters travelling from/to the North and East are encouraged to utilise the Blue car park. The cost for the new car park aligns to that of all other official on-site parking. A new parking map is available here.
In 2020, Manchester City Council will embark on a ‘once in a generation’ programme of improvement works. From January, the below phases will begin on four key commuter corridors:
- Great Ancoats Street
- Hyde Road
- Princess Road/Mancunian Way roundabout
- Chorlton Road
Full details of these schemes and work programmes associated with each area can be found on the Manchester City Council website at manchester.gov.uk/improvements.
- All bags will be searched and tagged prior to stadium entry. Please only carry what you feel is necessary as bags larger than 16.5 x 12 x 6.5 inches will not be permitted
- Arrive early, allowing time for security checks; turnstiles open 90-minutes before kick-off
- Less bag searches will speed up entry to the ground
With safety and security measures of paramount importance we ask supporters to:
- Always be vigilant and if you see anything suspicious, tell a steward right away
- If you see anything that could pose an immediate threat to safety, call 999
- In an emergency, listen to the Public-Address instructions and follow them
- If told to evacuate, do so immediately
- Do not place yourself in danger by filming events on mobile devices
- Move right away from the stadium as quickly as possible for your safety and to allow clear access for any emergency vehicles
- Once you are safe, follow the local police force on Twitter for news updates on the situation
PRE-MATCH ACCESS TO THE CITY STORE & TICKET OFFICE
To access the campus until 3-hours before kick-off, all supporters should park in the Blue Car Park off Alan Turing Way. The respective charge will be applied upon entry but will be refunded upon exit up until 1 hour before kick-off*. The shuttle service will be available for supporters that require assistance to reach the top of Joe Mercer Way. Supporters with a valid matchday pass or those wishing to purchase parking on the day can access the respective car parks at any time from 3-hours before kick-off. *There will be no charge for supporters that show a valid Blue Badge.
The accessible buggy service is provided for supporters that require additional help when accessing the stadium from the Orange or Blue Car Parks. Following supporter feedback and in consultation with Event Safety Control, we have made some changes for the 2019/20 season.
- Orange Car Park: the buggy will be in operation 2-hours prior to kick-off and drop only at designated accessible entrances D, H, S and W. This service will cease 60-minutes prior to kick off due to the increased volume of pedestrians around the stadium.
- Blue Car Park: the buggy will depart from Blue Car Park to City Square 2-hours prior to kick-off and the service will cease 30-minutes before kick-off.
- Post-match, the service will return to both car parks, but will not recommence until at least 30 minutes after final whistle and this will be subject to approval on the day by Event Safety Control.
- Please note that this service is provided for those who require mobility assistance who will always be given priority.
The above timings are subject to Event Safety Control and may change if operationally required.
All home supporters who are collecting tickets may do so from the Stadium Ticket Office located in City Square, behind the stage. For this match, we are open from 12pm until 5:45pm. Supporters are strongly advised to collect at least 60-minutes before kick-off and all supporters will be required to show Photo ID. If you have received a [email protected] ticket please ensure you have printed this off, on white A4 paper prior to leaving for the match.
OFFICIAL MATCH TICKET
All tickets are in the home area for the use of Man City supporters only. The Club does not have a neutral area and visiting supporters identified in the home areas will face ejection.
- It is important that you have purchased, and are in possession of, the correct ticket and that it is activated to allow you access into the stadium. The Club accepts no liability for tickets purchased through unofficial channels.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult (over 18) for all matches played at the Etihad Stadium. We advise you carry photo ID to prevent any issues entering the stadium.
- Supporters are required to upgrade concessionary tickets for this match. A supporter in another age band can use a concessionary ticket but must ensure they have paid the applicable upgrade fee in advance of entering the stadium.
If a disabled supporter can no longer attend and the carer wishes to upgrade, please contact the Access team on +44 (0) 161 444 1894 (option 1, 2, 2) to upgrade your ticket, subject to availability. The Club’s access statement along with further information can be found here.
SAFE TICKET BUYING
Valid tickets for Manchester City Football Club matches (home and away) should only be purchased from Manchester City or an official, authorised seller. The Club accepts no liability for tickets purchased through unofficial channels. Click here for further information.
CODE OF CONDUCT: RESPECT THE BADGE
If you ever witness crime, vandalism, violence, drugs, the use of smoke bombs and pyrotechnics or abusive behaviour from home or visiting supporters, inside or outside the Etihad Stadium, contact a steward as soon as you can and report your concerns. Supporters are reminded that persistent standing is not allowed during the match and are asked to remain in their designated block at full time until leaving the stadium. The pitch area should not be entered at any time.
Manchester City is proud to support the Kick It Out campaign. Download the KIO reporting app today.
The entire Etihad Campus, including roadways, car parks and concourses, is smoke free. Use of electronic cigarettes is also prohibited. We operate a strict, no re-admission policy and there will be no opportunity to leave and re-enter the stadium.
Please find Supporter Services and the Ticket Office Christmas and New Year opening hours here.
The Ticket Office is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm. Supporter Services is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Both facilities will open at 10am on Thursday and are closed on Weekends & Bank Holidays, except where there is a First Team home match. Supporter Services will be open from 8am until 5.45pm for this match. The North Stand Ticket Office will be open from 12pm until 5.45pm for this fixture. For queries, please call +44 (0)161 444 1894 (option 1). To keep up to date with all the current ticketing information follow our official service Twitter account, @ManCityHelp.