Let’s begin with the Daily Star’s report that City are keen to bring Juventus defender Joao Cancelo to the Etihad this summer.
“But according to Italian journalist Nicolo Schira, City will be getting busy again this summer.
“The transfer expert claims that Juventus defender Joao Cancelo is nearing a move to the Etihad.
‘Manchester City want to close for Joao Cancelo from Juventus,’ Schira tweeted.
‘They have an agreement with the Portuguese player. Contacts ongoing to finalise the deal.’
“Cancelo, 25, played a key role in the Turin side’s romp to the Serie A title.
“A natural right-back, he has been deployed as on either flank, in both defence and midfield.
“But he would mainly provide serious competition to current first choice right-back Kyle Walker.
Now, let’s switch to the release of the Premier League 2019/20 fixtures yesterday.
The Liverpool Echo suggests that City supporters are pleased with how next season’s matches will fall...
They write: “Manchester City fans are naturally thinking of Liverpool first when it comes to their chances of retaining the Premier League title and following the release of the 2019/20 fixtures, they believe there is a clear advantage over the Reds.
“Liverpool led the 2018/19 Premier League title race by seven points at one stage but ended up missing out on that elusive league crown which has evaded them since the 1989/90 campaign.
“City finished just one point clear of the Reds and it's widely expected that the two sides will be at the forefront next season as well.
“Liverpool begin the upcoming campaign at home to Norwich City on August 9, while Man City travel to West Ham United the following day to open their account.
“But City fans are firmly focused on the end to the season and specifically the final three games which could decide where the trophy goes.
“The Blues' supporters believe that they have a much kinder end to the season in comparison to Liverpool's tough schedule of Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle.
“Man City, on the other hand, face Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich in their final three.
“It's safe to say this has left some Man City fans dreaming of a third consecutive league title.”
Meanwhile, The MEN have picked up Bernardo’s widely shared interview on Sporf, focusing on the Portuguese play-maker's assessment of Ederson’s football ability.
“Ederson enjoyed a second remarkable season in a row last year as he kept 20 clean sheets and made the PFA Team of the Year as City marched to an historic treble triumph.
“Despite all his goalkeeping heroics Bernardo reckons the Brazilian could play further up the field as well.
‘I agree,’ the Portuguese told Sporf when asked if he thought Ederson could play outfield.
‘He could play outfield maybe with the ball as a defensive or holding midfield player.’
Fair enough – we’ve all seen what he’s capable of when he rushes out of the box so, who knows?
Back to the transfer speculation and ESPN’s Craig Burley suggests Leicester’s Harry Maguire should choose Manchester as his next destination – should he leave the Foxes – but says only one team should be in his mind.
The Express report: “Leicester and England centre-back Harry Maguire will join Manchester City ‘if he’s got any brains’, claims ESPN FC pundit Craig Burley.
“Maguire is linked with a summer exit from Leicester after a fine couple of seasons at the King Power.
“Both Manchester United and Manchester City are said to be keen on signing the 26-year-old.
“But Burley says it is a no-brainer for Maguire to choose champions Manchester City over United.
‘If I was Harry Maguire and I had the choice I would walk to Man City and play for them ahead over Man United, 100 per cent.
‘Why wouldn’t you? From a footballing perspective.’
“Leicester are said to want up to £80m for Maguire, which would make him the world’s most expensive defender.”
Finally, Sport Witness say the Blues are keen on a highly-rated Argentine teenager - but will have to fend off interest from Napoli to land his services.
They write: “The Italian press continues to link Manchester City to Boca Juniors midfielder Agustin Almendra.
“Back in April, website Calcio Mercato listed a few clubs who are looking to sign the player and added that manager Pep Guardiola ‘has been struck by his great talent’.
“Now the 19-year-old is back being a subject in the Italian media, since Napoli seem to be getting closer on signing him.
“Clacio Mercato says most of the clubs who have asked for information on the player have all been patient, holding back. The list includes Manchester City, Porto, Juventus and Inter Milan.
Regarding Napoli, Calcio Mercato takes claims from Gazzetta Dello Sport to say they’ve reached a deal with the player, but still need to find an agreement with Boca Juniors.
“It’s claimed that Napoli don’t want to spend over €20m, and that’s exactly the amount of the release clause previously reported by Calcio Mercato.
“Now if Napoli are struggling to get to a deal, perhaps there’s still time for Manchester City to move. After all, the midfield position seems to be one of Pep Guardiola’s priorities for the summer.”
And that’s that for today - England and Scotland are in action today in the Women's World Cup and we'll have reports on both home nations later today...