We recreate the excitement of an iconic match so your pupils can take the role of a sports journalist – right where the professionals do it on a matchday.
Aligned to the English National Curriculum, the students will take a tour of the stadium focusing on the role of the media on a matchday. The tour will end in the press conference room, where the pupils will watch a highlights package of an iconic Manchester City Match. Using a range of questioning techniques, the pupils will prepare questions and answers related to moments in the match they have just watched and then interview each other where the real players are interviewed on a matchday.
Teachers can record the interviews on school tablets to take back to school to refine and edit to keep a professional-looking keepsake.
English Key Stages 2, 3 and 4.
- Pre-visit, one-hour lesson plan, presentation and printable resources
- Stadium Tour
- Post-visit, one-hour lesson plan, presentation and printable resources
- An opportunity for pupils to interview each other in the stadium interview areas
Set within the regenerated area for the Manchester Commonwealth Games, the Stadium is a hive of activity, jobs and inspiration. Our skilled tour guides don’t just talk about football – their knowledge transcends sport, history and the impact on Manchester itself, creating a fun and interactive experience that every pupil will enjoy regardless of their interest in football.
- Every tour has a tour guide, trained for school trips
- Dedicated and private areas for school workshops
- Welcome centre with toilets (all located on the first floor of the club shop)
- Free pre-planning tickets
- Covered area for lunch
- Free coach parking
Pricing starts at £10 per pupil with one free teacher with every 5 students for Key Stage 2 and one free teacher for every 10 students for Key Stages 3 and 4.
Please note: minimum group size is 25 pupils.