Media Watch

Media Watch: City in race for centre-half?

MEDIA WATCH: Alessandro Bastoni has been linked with City.
It’s January, the transfer window is open and that means the rumour mill continues to generate names Manchester City are claimed to be interested in.

Pep Guardiola has regularly reiterated that the Club will not be doing business this month, but Monday morning’s newspapers still provide a double dose of transfer gossip.

One rumour suggests City are one of two Clubs chasing a promising defender, whilst the other involves a free scoring Argentinean striker.

So, let’s take a look at what’s being reported…

Transfer gossip

Daily Mail: Barcelona and Manchester City 'both made an offer for Inter Milan defender Alessandro Bastoni

Writes Daniel Davis: “Barcelona and Manchester City both reportedly saw offers for highly-rated Inter Milan defender Alessandro Bastoni snubbed.

“The 20-year-old centre back has impressed for the Serie A title chasers this season, and it is believed that Inter are desperate to keep hold of the talent despite interest from some of Europe's elite clubs.”

The Sun: Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez happy to be linked with Man Utd and Man City but in no rush to leave Italy

Dylan Terry reports: “Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez has said he is flattered by the interest from both Manchester United and Man City, but is happy in Italy.

“Both of the Premier League giants were said to be interested in the Argentinian, who has scored 15 goals in 25 appearances alongside Romelu Lukaku so far this season.

“But while Martinez is appreciative of the link to the two clubs, he has made it clear he has no intention of moving right now.”

View all club partners

Mancity.com

31?