quote feed-section sponsor-promos cf show linkedin dugout

Media Watch

Video 1 Gallery

Media: City chasing three top European stars?

MEDIA WATCH: City are reportedly targeting moves for a number of top young stars from across Europe

MEDIA WATCH: City are reportedly targeting moves for a number of top young stars from across Europe

It seems with the summer transfer window now edging into view, the press are going transfer gossip crazy!

Manchester City may have just won an unprecedented grand slam of English trophies but journalists across the world are talking about further fine-tuning to our squad.

Let’s start with centre-back Matthijs de Ligt.

The 19-year-old has emerged as one of the most exciting prospects in the game after some fine performances in this season’s Champions League as Ajax made it to the last four.

He also led the Dutch side to a domestic league-and-cup double, and with Vincent Kompany calling time on his 11-year City stay, football consultant Ian McGarry feels there could be room for De Ligt at the Etihad.

“I would not be surprised if he did end up at Manchester City,” he told the Transfer Window Podcast

“Given their upward momentum in terms of being dominant and having a tilt at the Champions League next season.

“Guardiola’s already said they will be judged on if they win that.”

READ: Internationals | Who's playing where this summer?

READ: Fourmidables in Focus | Aymeric Laporte

Meanwhile, according to Catalan newspaper Sport, reported here via Sports Witness, City are one of a number of clubs monitoring Lyon playmaker Nabil Fekir.

Fekir was superb when Lyon won at the Etihad in the group stages of this season’s Champions League and the report suggests City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Real Madrid are all potential suitors.

Features

Video

The Ultimate Trophy Lift!

View original post

And, finally, Bruno Fernandes, reportedly a City target, is unsure as to whether he will leave Sporting Lisbon this summer.

Have you seen...

STAR MEN: City's most impressive performers in 2018/19.

According to the Star's Aaron Stokes, the 24-year-old is wanted by both City and Manchester United. 

“The Sporting Lisbon star is attracting major interest following his impressive season for the Portuguese outfit," he writes

“Fernandes is likely to cost around £60m this summer, with United and City both keen to secure a deal.

“But despite previously saying he was keen on a move to England, the 24-year-old has now backtracked, admitting he is unsure whether he will leave the Jose Alvalade Stadium.

"“I spent two intense years here, I don’t know if I’m going to leave, I don’t know the future”, the midfielder told Sporting TV this week.”

That’s all for this morning’s roundup of the back page headlines – but stay with us throughout the day here on mancity.com as we bring you all the latest City news and views.

Men's Team

Fourmidables in focus: Aymeric Laporte

We continue our series profiling City's historic 2018/19 Fourmidables squad by focusing on key central defender Aymeric Laporte.

Focus on Ayermic Laporte's impact during Manchester City's historic 2018/19 campaign

Men's Team

Internationals: Who’s playing where this summer?

ENGLAND CALLING: Raheem Sterling is one of host of City players to represent his country this summer.

Manchester City may be represented at no fewer than five international tournaments this summer.

Twenty-one players from our men and women’s teams have received call-ups so far, though there could yet be more as some nations are still to confirm their competition squads.

Media Watch

Media Watch: City linked with La Liga midfielder

RUMOURS: Giovani Lo Celso has been linked with City.

With the summer transfer season upon us, it’s no surprise to see Manchester City’s plans put under the microscope in Tuesday’s Media Watch.

There’s a mixture of old and new as a recurring rumour again makes the back pages, while the press have added a new name to City’s reported targets.