Indeed, there’s a triple helping of gossip in Wednesday’s Media Watch and we’ll begin at left-back, a position several outlets claim City are looking to add to.
The Manchester Evening News suggest Pep Guardiola’s side’s interest in Ben Chilwell persists, despite the rumours surrounding a move for PSV Eindhoven’s Angelino.
Writes Joe Bray: “City are set to trigger Angelino's release clause after the left-back departed last summer, and he will return from PSV Eindhoven to provide cover for Aleks Zinchenko and Benjamin Mendy.
“But Pep Guardiola remains interested in Chilwell, according to Goal, and had been planning to launch a bid for the England international until calling it off at the end of April.
“Now, the report says City plan to re-visit their interest in Chilwell in the next transfer window in January, providing he does not leave for another club before then.”
We remain with the Manchester Evening News for a line on Atletico Madrid’s Rodri, after former Barcelona and Real Madrid midfielder, Luis Millar, claimed the Spaniard could transition seamlessly into the City squad.
Millar said: "Rodri would fit perfectly at Manchester City, because his coach has an Ajax and Barcelona style and looks for the same idea of play.
"City has a coach that was influenced at Barcelona. Rodri has the ability and virtues to play that way.”
The third and final part of today’s transfer gossip comes from the Daily Mail, who have linked City with a move for a player they describe as a ‘teenage sensation.’
Simon Jones has the story, reporting: “Manchester City are preparing a professional contract for Norwegian teenager Oscar Bobb.
“The 15-year-old midfielder from Valerenga is poised to sign a deal in July when he turns 16, pending a medical.
"Technically very good, Bobb first shot to prominence at Lyn Oslo as an 11-year old before moving to Portugal to play for Porto.”