As the 2017/18 campaign nears its conclusion, the transfer rumour mill is in full swing.
Tales of potential summer incomings dominate the City headlines these days and there’s plenty to ponder over this Wednesday morning.
According to Peter O’Rourke: “Mahrez has remained on Pep Guardiola's radar despite missing out on the Algeria international during the January transfer window.
“City had a cash-plus-player offer worth an estimated £60 million for Mahrez rejected by Leicester on deadline day.
“Guardiola is keen to strengthen his title-winning squad this summer and he sees Mahrez as a valuable addition to his plans as he can play in a variety of attacking positions.
“Mahrez is under contract at Leicester until summer 2020, but sources have told ESPN FC that he is ready to finally move on as he wants to be playing in the Champions League and competing for honours.
“Leicester are bracing themselves for further interest in Mahrez this summer with his future at the club the subject of speculation for the last two seasons.”
Meanwhile, the Manchester Evening News claim Napoli midfielder Jorginho’s agent has fuelled speculation linking him with a move to Manchester.
James Robson scribes: “Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho have been warned they have a fight on their hands to land Napoli midfielder Jorginho.
“The Italian international is set to be at the centre of one of the most intense transfer battles of the summer after his agent confirmed ‘several’ clubs are targeting the 26-year-old.
WATCH: Best of the best
“Manchester City are believed to be leading the chase, with Manchester United are also interested, having monitored him for months.
“But the Premier League rivals will face further competition from across Europe for one of the stars of Napoli’s Serie A title challenge this season.”
Apparently, his agent Joao Santos told Radio Kiss Kiss: “I’ll talk with the club because Jorginho has another two years on his contract.
“But there are also several clubs interested in him, and we have to understand if Napoli want to move forward with their starters or not.”
Continues Robson: “Guardiola has placed the Brazilian born player high on his list of midfield targets as he bids to recruit a long-term successor to Fernandinho.
“United have also expressed an interest, with Mourinho planning to replace the retiring Michael Carrick in the summer.
“Jorginho is one of a host of midfielders to be targeted by both managers.
“Shakhtar Donetsk’s Fred and Nice’s Jean-Michael Seri have also been the subject of interest from the long-time rivals.
“But City are believed to have set their focus on Jorginho, who impressed Guardiola when playing against his side in the Champions League this season.”
Elsewhere, Sports Mole report City are to lock horns with Paris Saint-Germain for the signature of Benfica youngster Joao Felix.
Writes Daniel Lewis: “The creative midfielder has stood out for the Portuguese side's B team this season to attract interest from the heavyweight clubs.
“PSG are rumoured to have been watching the 18-year-old up close, while French outlet Telefoot claims that Man City may also make an approach in the summer.
“Felix is said to be valued at around £53m, which may prove problematic for the big-spending Parisians if they are hit by Financial Fair Play sanctions.
“Arsenal have also previously been linked with the Benfica academy product, who has been capped four times by Portugal Under-21s.”
If you want to relive the best moments from a truly memorable season, visit our Beautiful Football hub: mancity.com/beautifulfootball