Manchester City face Huddersfield in the FA Cup tonight but most of this morning’s headlines focus on the club’s potential transfer activity.
Pep Guardiola’s Blues have been linked with both Chelsea target Fernando Llorente and potential Manchester United signing Victor Lindelof by the Daily Express.
First, Jack Otway writes on the experienced Spain striker: “Manchester City are reportedly ready to rival Chelsea for Swansea striker Fernando Llorente.
“Chelsea were keen on signing Llorente from Swansea in January.
“However, the Spain international opted to stay put in order to help the Welsh side in their bid to stay in the Premier League.
“And his fine form has reportedly alerted Manchester City.
Otway also speculates on the young Swedish central defender: “Manchester City have reportedly joined the race for top Manchester United target Victor Lindelof.
“Lindelof was heavily linked with a move to Manchester United back in January.
“However, a deal for the Benfica defender fell through with Jose Mourinho pulling the plug.
“But Portuguese newspaper O Jogo claim Manchester City have also joined the race for the Sweden international.”
In terms of tonight’s FA Cup fifth round replay with Huddersfield Town, Guardiola’s opposite number David Wagner has spoke of his excitement. However, the German manager is frustrated that he won’t be on the touchline.
As Mike Whalley for The Daily Star writes: “Huddersfield boss David Wagner says he will feel like a kid locked out of a sweet shop when he watches their FA Cup tie at Manchester City from the stands.
“The Terriers’ head coach was handed a two-match touchline ban and fined £6,000 on Monday after a bust-up with Leeds boss Garry Monk last month.
“The Huddersfield boss will be able to keep in touch with the bench but still feels it will not be the same.
“He said: “It looks like a sweet shop that is closed and I have to stay at the window and watch from the outside.”
Finally, Manchester City loanee Eliaquim Mangala had an excellent Tuesday night for his Valencia side.
Squawka reporter James Cannon scribes: “Eliaquim Mangala scored his first league goal in three years on Tuesday night, as Valencia beat Leganes 1-0 at the Mestalla.
“The ball was played into the box from a corner, with Mangala’s initial header being saved by Iago Herrerin between the sticks. However the Leganes goalkeeper couldn’t prevent the rebound falling to the 26-year-old, as he tapped home his first league goal since the 2013/14 season.
“Mangala, on loan at the Mestalla from Manchester City this term, put in a fantastic performance on the night, averaging eight defensive actions and winning 40% of his average duels to help Valencia to yet another important win in 2017.”
Stay tuned to mancity.com today for team news and full coverage of Manchester City v Huddersfield!