quote feed-section sponsor-promos cf show linkedin dugout

Men's Team

Video 1 Gallery

Bernardo Silva extends City contract

2025: Bernardo Silva has signed a new Manchester City contract

2025: Bernardo Silva has signed a new Manchester City contract

Bernardo Silva has signed a new Manchester City contract, keeping him at the Club until the summer of 2025.

The Portugal midfielder joined City in the summer of 2017 and has gone on to make 93 appearances thus far.

Having already helped City to a Premier League title and two League Cups, the 24-year-old says he is determined to add more silverware to his collection over the coming seasons.

WATCH: Bernardo 2025 | CityTV interview

GALLERY: Bernardo Silva | City career so far

“It’s an honour to extend my deal with Manchester City,” Bernardo said. “This Club offers everything a player needs to fulfil their ambitions and there’s nowhere else I want to be.

“As soon as I heard City wanted me to stay longer, my mind was made up. I love the Club, the manager, the players and the fans.

“The style of football we play here excites me, and I am determined to win more trophies. City gives me the best chance of doing that.”

Shop the Bernardo Silva range!

Director of Football Txiki Begiristain added: “Bernardo is an exceptional talent, so offering him a new deal and ensuring he spends the best years of his career with us was a very easy decision.

“This is the latest example of our commitment to building a young squad of world-class players.

“We are constructing a side that will provide a platform for sustained success. Bernardo fits neatly into our plan.

“His work-rate, professionalism and technical quality have impressed us and there is plenty of scope for improvement.

“Under the guidance of Pep and the backroom staff we have here, we expect to see him develop into one of the world’s best players over the coming years.”

Bernardo made his City bow in the 2-0 win away at Brighton back in August 2017 and went on to play 53 times in his debut season for the Club as we won the Premier League title with a record-breaking 100 points and lifted the League Cup.

This season, he’s become an integral member of Pep Guardiola’s starting XI, making 40 appearances and scoring nine goals.

His work-rate has been lauded across the game, particularly after the 2-1 win over Liverpool in January which saw him run a remarkable 13.7km.

He has 33 senior caps for Portugal and has scored three times.

Everyone at Manchester City is delighted with the news and we all wish Bernardo the very best for the remainder of his time here.

Men's Team

When is the Champions League quarter-final draw?

CL DRAW: Who can City get in the last eight of this season's Champions League?

The UEFA Champions League quarter-final and semi-final draws will both take place at the House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland, on Friday 15 March.

Everything you need to know ahead of Friday's quarter-final draw...

Men's Team

England name four City players in squad

2020: The England squad for the Euro 2020 qualifiers against Czech Republic and Montenegro has been announced.

Four Manchester City players have been called up to the England squad for the Euro 2020 qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Montenegro in March.

Latest England squad contains four City stars...

Media Watch

Media: Ferdinand tips City for CL success

MEDIA WATCH: City have been tipped for Euro success

Manchester City produced a devastating performance in the Champions League last 16 on Tuesday, beating Schalke 7-0 at the Etihad to complete a 10-2 aggregate victory.

All the latest City news and opinion from across this morning's back pages.