The 1896–1910 Football Association Challenge Cup (FA Cup) is the latest addition to the Club’s Stadium Tour as part of a new display honouring our 1904 FA Cup final victory.
Billy Meredith’s goal was the difference as City beat Bolton Wanderers to become the first professional football club from the city of Manchester to win a major honour.
A forerunner of the FA Cup in use today, the trophy is one of the most significant artefacts in world football and the oldest surviving piece of FA Cup silverware in England.
In 2020, it was purchased at auction by City owner, His Highness Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed, and loaned to the National Football Museum, but an exact replica, alongside other original artifacts from our 1904 triumph have now been made available for fans to enjoy at the Etihad.
The display also includes:
- Billy Meredith’s invitation to the players’ Commemoration Dinner and Presentation of Commemoration Watches at the Grand Hotel on Aytoun Street/Portland Street in Manchester on 9 January 1905.
- An 18ct gold commemorative pocket watch, inscribed and given to Meredith at the dinner reception held by supporters at the Grand Hotel.
- An 18ct gold commemorative half hunter pocket watch, inscribed and presented to City manager Tom Maley at the same reception.
- Three trading cards: one a portrait of Billy Meredith, one of the trophy and one of the winning City team.
- A 1904 handmade banner, made by the Alexander family, and taken to the team’s trophy parade around the city.
The 1904 FA Cup final display is part of the Manchester City Stadium Tour; the most immersive tour experience in the Premier League.
Using the latest technology, you can sit and interact with Pep Guardiola in the press room, learn more about the City Story via our 360-degree cinema experience and enjoy a stunning audio-visual experience in the First Team changing room.
With expert guides on hand to take you behind the scenes at the home of the Premier League champions, you will also get to experience Guardiola’s view from the dugout as you go pitch side at the Etihad.
Tickets are priced as follows:
- Adults - £25
- 18-21/Student/Senior (over 65) - £17
- Under 18s - £15
- Under 5s – Free
To find out more, please visit our dedicated Stadium Tours page.