An injury time strike from substitute Noah Ohio earned City’s Under-18s a dramatic victory in our latest Premier League clash away at Stoke City.

The Blues fought back from the shock of conceding a first minute penalty to draw level before half-time via a Stoke own goal.

Then, deep into injury time, Ohio struck to secure all three points for Gareth Taylor’s side.

What happened

The City youngsters went into the match looking to build on the high of reaching the FA Youth Cup final, after last Monday’s fine 4-2 semi-final triumph over West Brom.

However, City suffered an early jolt to the system with Stoke taking the lead within less than a minute of the kick-off.

The hosts were awarded a spot-kick by referee Ian Jackson after their first foray into the City box and Potters skipper Adam Porter made no mistake with the penalty.

Despite the early setback, City soon regained their composure and Gareth Taylor’s youngsters gradually worked their way into the match, with our patience eventually rewarded on 36 minutes when we drew level.

A quick-fire City forward raid caused panic in the home ranks and saw Stoke’s Lewis Macari put through his own net.

The second half proved an equally evenly contested affair as both sides harried and probed in a bid to try and gain the upper hand but, with time almost up, it appeared as if the spoils would be shared.

However, on 91 minutes, there was a dramatic twist in the tale.

James McAtee played a fine assist to find Noah Ohio, who had come on as an 80th minute substitute, and he fired home to secure all three points for City.

What it means

The victory moved City up to seventh place in the Under 18 Premier League table with 21 points from 16 games and the City youngsters still having several games in hand on the majority of other sides.

How we lined up

Gavin Bazuna was in goal, shielded by a back four of Henri Ogunby, Sammy Robinson, Yeboah Amankwah and Nathanael Ogbeta. Joe Hodge was the midfield shield with Fisayo Dele-Bashiru and James McAtee also in the engine room. Ben Knight and D’Margio Wright-Phillips provided the width on either flank with Keke Simmonds operating as striker.

What’s next

Gareth Taylor’s youngsters are in action again on Tuesday when we travel to Wolverhampton Wanderers for another U18s Premier League encounter, kick-off 12 noon.