Manchester City’s Premier League victory parade will take place on Monday 23rd May 2022
Pep Guardiola and the squad will depart from Exchange Square at approximately 6pm, travel onto St Mary’s Gate and then south on Deansgate, before finishing at the Beetham Tower where a live stage show will take place with the Champions.
Below you can find all the key information:
The parade will start at Exchange Square at 6pm and travels along Corporation Street, onto St Mary’s Gate the down Deansgate ending outside the Beetham Tower for the stage show.
The stage is located on Deansgate next to Hilton Hotel (Beetham Tower) postcode: M3 4LQ. On stage entertainment will start from 4:30pm and be hosted by Danny Jackson and Natalie Pike. The bus will arrive at approximately 7pm with the live stage show ending at 8pm.
Yes, we encourage you to bring your flags and banners from home!
No, everyone is welcome to join the celebrations.
Entrance to the Parade stage viewing area is only accessible via Deansgate as shown on the map. All supporters will be subject to a search before entering. You cannot access the stage area from any other entrance.
There are several shops, restaurants and bars surrounding the parade route. There will be no additional food or drink concessions along the parade route. Drinking alcohol is not allowed in public areas across Greater Manchester. Greater Manchester Police will be in the city centre throughout the day to assist with any questions or to provide directions around the city centre.
A dedicated Accessible viewing area specifically for disabled supporters is located on Deansgate, off Great Bridgewater Street. The viewing platform will have limited capacity meaning spaces will be provided on a first-come-first-served-basis. Members of the Club’s Access Team will be on hand to assist from the viewing area. The viewing platform must be accessed from the Deansgate entrance.
There will be several standard toilets located along the route, with accessible toilets located at Jacksons Row and King St South and next to the Accessible Viewing Platform.
Where standard disabled toilets do not meet your needs, Manchester City Council provide Disabled Persons/Changing Places Toilets situated on Lloyd Street and one on the lower ground floor in Central Library, both 5-7 minutes from Deansgate.
If you're feeling unwell or hurt yourself, speak to the nearest steward or head to the nearest welfare site. There will be three ‘pop up’ welfare sites along the parade route at Exchange Square and St Ann Street and in the stage show area.
All security, stewards and police are briefed on the correct procedure for lost or found children so if your child is lost, please contact the nearest steward or police officer. You can also make your way to one of the welfare sites located on Liverpool Road and in front of House of Fraser.
We would recommend using public transport where possible. There will be 2,000 free parking spaces in the Blue car park at the Etihad Stadium, meaning you can use the Etihad Campus Metrolink Station to access Manchester city centre.
The closest Metrolink stops to the viewing area is from St Peters Square. Please note, the Metrolink line from St Peters Street to Exchange Square will be closed.
All stops on the Metrolink network have step-free access by a lift or ramp.
The closest train stations to the event are Oxford Road and Victoria Station. Please note you will not be able to access the Parade from Deansgate railway station.
At the Etihad Stadium, free parking for up to 2,000 vehicles is available on Blue car park on a first come first served basis. Blue car park will open at 3pm and close at 9pm.
There are a number of car parks located in close proximity to event site in Manchester city centre. In the city centre, parking suspensions will be in operation along the parade route.
Sunday 22nd May
Due to the Cycling event on Tuesday 24th May, the following roads will be closed from 19:00 Sunday 22nd May until 23:59 Tuesday 24th May
- Deansgate (from Jct Whitworth St W to Peter St)
- Great Bridgewater St between Watson St
- Trafford St from Deansgate to Century St
- Liverpool Rd from Barton St to Deansgate
- Tonman St from Longworth to Deansgate
- Camp St from Longworth to Deansgate
- St John St from Longworth to Deansgate
Monday 23rd May
13:00 – 20:00
- Cross St/ Corporation St closure from New Market to Withy Grove
- St Mary’s Gate closure from Cross St to Deansgate, egress from car parks via Exchange St and St Anne Square managed out on route via Black Friars until 17:00
14:00 – 21:00
- Deansgate closure from Peter St through to Victoria Bridge St
- Victoria Bridge St closure from Chapel St to Deansgate
- Blackfriars closed at Parsonage
- St Mary St closed between Southgate and Deansgate, traffic allowed to cross to St Ann Street until 17:00.
- St Ann St closed between Deansgate and Police St, traffic allowed across from St Mary St until 17:00
- King St West closed from Southgate to Deansgate
- South King St closed from St James Square to Deansgate
- Wood St closed at Deansgate
- Queen St, Lloyd St, Hardman St and Jacksons Row closed at junction with Deansgate
- Bootle St closed between Deansgate and Jerusalem Place
- Atkinson St closed between Deansgate and Little Quay St
- Little Quay St closed between Atkinson St and Quay St
- Jerusalem Place closed between Bootle St and Peter St
- Peter St closed between Deansgate and Watson St
- Quay St closed between Deansgate and Byrom St
- Liverpool Rd closed from Duke St to Barton St
- Southern St closed from Liverpool Rd to Bridgewater St
17:00 – 21:00
- John Dalton from Albert Sq closed at junction with Albert Sq
- John Dalton from Deansgate closed between Deansgate and Ridgefield
- Bridge St closed between Southgate and Deansgate
- Bridge St closed between St Mary’s parsonage and Deansgate
For information in advance or the day, call Supporter Services on +44 (0)161 444 1894 (option 1,3). We are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Follow @ManCityHelp for the latest event and travel information.