HOW WE'LL SET UP
It is likely Rodrigo will continue his role of anchoring the midfield and Ferna play in the back four.
SEVEN MORE POINTS...
Seven points from a possible nine and City are champions.
If only it were that simple!
Wolves showed against Chelsea they resented comments in the media about their players being 'on the beach' - and understandably so.
Moreover, Wolves can still pip West Ham to a Europa Conference spot - so the hosts have plenty to play for.
But this is another game City cannot dare fail in.
Liverpool's narrow win over Aston Villa means they have pulled level with the Blues at the top of the Premier League, though Jurgen Klopp's men have played one game more.
It's imperative City keep the advantage over Liverpool - imagine going into the last two games level and effectively having a two-game shoot out to decide the title on goal difference?
Injuries have piled up for Pep Guardiola and his defence will be a patched up unit who will have to be placed in cotton wool once tonight's game is over.
But City know keeping the ball and pinning Wolves back is the best form of defence this evening while our attacking players need to be ruthless.
STATS & FACTS
- Wolves have not lost consecutive home league games against City since April 1981.
- After losing both league games against Wolves in 2019-20, City have won each of the last three against them. The Blues last won four in a row against Wolves between April 1980 and December 1981.
- City have scored in each of their last six visits to Wolves in league action, last scoring in more consecutive visits between 1951 and 1958 (7).
- City are looking to complete a league double over Wolves in consecutive seasons for the first time since a three-season run between 1903-04 and 1905-06.
- City have kept a clean sheet in each of the last five away Premier League games –our longest ever run of consecutive away clean sheets in the Club’s league history.
- City are unbeaten in 16 away games in the Premier League (W13 D3) since losing against Spurs in their opening match this season - our longest run of away league matches without defeat.
- Gabriel Jesus has scored five goals in four Premier League starts against Wolves, although only one of those five goals was scored away from home (September 2020).
- Raheem Sterling has been directly involved in four goals in his last four league matches against Wolves (three goals, one assist), including a brace at Molineux in December 2019.
- Wolves forward Raúl Jiménez has been directly involved in five goals across his last four Premier League appearances against Manchester City (two goals, three assists), scoring in each of his last two matches against them at Molineux.
- Wolves defender Conor Coady scored his first ever Premier League goal against Manchester City in March 2021 in what was his 103rd appearance in the competition.
- Wolves have alternated between a win and a defeat in each of their last eight Premier League matches at Molineux, losing last time out there against Brighton (0-3).
- Wolves have conceded seven goals across their last three home matches in the Premier League, which is as many goals as they had conceded across their previous 10 league matches at Molineux.