Stefan Ortega Moreno, Cole Palmer and Julian Alvarez also start the game, with Kyle Walker taking the captain's armband.
CITY: Ortega, Walker (c), Gomez, Dias, Phillips, Lewis, Bernardo, Palmer, Foden, Mahrez, Alvarez
Subs: Ederson, Carson, Stones, Cancelo, Gundogan, Haaland, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Bobb, Mbete, Knight, Wilson-Esbrand
Barca: Pena, Alba, Pique, Kounde, Sergio (c), Ferran, Kessie, Roberto, De Jong, Raphina, Aubameyang
Subs: Ter-Stegen, Dest, Araujo, Dembele, Lewandowski, Ansu Fati, Memphis, Christensen, Eric, Abde, Balde, Gavi, Pablo Torre, Tenas
City rarely start in anything other than 4-3-3, but often don't resemble anything like 4-3-3 after kick-off!
This starting XI is difficult to predict with Rico Lewis capable of playing right-back or holding midfielder.
If he starts at right-back, Walker will likely partner Ruben Dias in central defence with Gomez left-back.
Then, Phillips would assume his natural holding role with Bernardo and Palmer completing the midfield three and Phil Foden, Riyad Mahrez and Alvarez up front.
Barca name a strong starting XI with Frenkie de Jong, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Raphina and Ferran Torres all included.
Robert Lewandowski is on the bench.
Both sides have barely got into their domestic league campaigns, but each side will treat this fixture with the respect it deserves.
And be sure of one thing - neither will want to lose!
For Barcelona, it is a good gauge of where head coach Xavi's rebuilding project is at.
The Catalans have spent heavily in the summer as they attempt to become a force to be reckoned with again in Europe and in La Liga.
City will use the game to give minutes to sharpen match fitness and Pep Guardiola will be keen for his team to put on an exhibition at his former stomping ground.
It will be competitive, but good natured and enjoyable.
- This is the 13th time we have faced Barcelona in both competitive and non-competitive games. Our record is W3, D1, L9.
- Our last friendly meeting was in August 2009 when we won 1-0 at the Camp Nou to claim the Joan Gamper Trophy. Martin Petrov was City’s goal-scorer.
- We have played Barcelona six times in competitive games, winning one and losing five.
- We won our most recent meeting with the Catalan outfit, a 3-1 Champions League Group Stage win at the Etihad Stadium in November 2016. Lionel Messi gave Barca the lead, but City fought back with two goals from Ilkay Gundogan and one from Kevin De Bruyne.
- Barcelona have two former City players in their ranks in Eric Garcia and Ferran Torres.
CITY+ | SUBSCRIBE TO WATCH BARCELONA V CITY
Watch live on CITY+ & Recast
Available for just £2.99 per month across all our digital platforms, a CITY+ subscription provides supporters with unrivalled access to new and exclusive City content.
It will allow you to watch full-match replays of all Men's and Women's matches, selected broadcasts of Women's, Elite Development Squad and Academy matches and provides access to the full catalogue of City Studios documentaries.
The official Man City Recast channel offers fans flexible, pay-per-view live fixtures and on demand viewing options including match action from across the years, legend interviews, Best of Series, Man City Esports and City Studios documentaries.