There are three rumours to ponder over, while we also take a moment to reflect, as Yaya Toure recollects his move to Manchester and one media outlet recalls one game that ‘changed history…’
WATCH: Inside City | Episode 362
Yaya Toure (speaking to the Times): “I was on the phone with Garry Cook. He promised me he was going to bring players to help me to do great things at City. I said, ‘Sign Silva first, [and] I will come.’
“Silva was saying, ‘Sign Yaya first and I will come!’
“I said to Silva: ‘Sign! I am not going to run off!’ He didn’t believe me because I was at Barcelona, one of the top teams in the world. But it was time for change. Kolo told me to come. I have to listen to him.
“When I come to City, I said: ‘I come here to win and make City one of the greatest teams in the Premier League.’
“People were laughing at me in the beginning. I make my team-mates realise what we can become by starting with one trophy, the FA Cup.
“The following year we won the Premier League and after that the team start to be a great team…”
Manchester Evening News: Manchester United 1-6 Man City - The game at Old Trafford that changed history
Marcus Banks: “The win broke numerous records. It was United's worst home defeat since February 1955 and their heaviest defeat in Premier League history. It was the first time United had conceded six goals at home since 1930 and equalled the biggest margin of victory in a Manchester derby.
“City players might not have known it all the time, but the margin of victory helped secure their first Premier League title.
“Aguero's last minute strike against Queens Park Rangers ensured City pipped their rivals to the title on goal difference and former City midfielder Gareth Barry later revealed the squad believe the title was won on that day at Old Trafford.
“He told the MEN in 2012: ‘I think we see it that way. It’s right that that result should be mentioned when we speak about the league title and the way we won it.
“‘That was out of the ordinary, just like the result on Sunday. The 6-1 deserves a mention when you talk about how we won it.’
“City's title success was a sign of things to come and Mancini later revealed he believed the win against United 'changed history'.”
Matt Law: “Manchester City are reportedly preparing to battle Real Madrid and Barcelona for the signature of Napoli midfielder Fabian Ruiz in next summer's transfer window.
“The speculation surrounding the Spain international has gathered pace in recent weeks, with Madrid and Barca both said to be desperate to complete a deal for the central midfielder.
“However, according to Calciomercato, City are also huge admirers of the 23-year-old, who has impressed for Napoli since arriving from Real Betis in the summer of 2018.
“Ruiz scored seven times in 40 appearances for Carlo Ancelotti's side last season while he has netted once in 11 Serie A appearances during the 2019-20 campaign.
“The Spaniard has a contract in Naples until the summer of 2023, placing his Italian club in a strong position when it comes to any potential negotiation.
“Earlier this month, it was reported that there is no release clause in Ruiz's contract, and Napoli would be looking for an offer of somewhere between £69m and £86m.”
Nishant Jayaram: "Premier League defending champions Manchester City are reportedly pursuing young Spanish attacking midfielder Dani Olmo. Olmo was impressive at the 2019 UEFA European Under-21 Championship earlier this year, which has attracted interested from several clubs.
“Sportske Novosti (via Transfer Market Web) have reported that City are interested in signing Dani Olmo, along with clubs like Borussia Dortmund, AS Roma, Juventus, PSG, and Ajax, to name a few. The Dinamo Zagreb youngster could be bought for around €40 million as per the report.
“Dani Olmo is a former Barcelona academy graduate who signed for Zagreb in 2014 and came through the ranks at the Croatian club. He has made 119 appearances for Zagreb, scoring 32 goals and assisting 27 times for the club since debuting in 2015.
“Olmo made a big impression at the 2019 UEFA European Under-21 Championship, which Spain won, where he scored in the final against Germany. He won a cap for the senior Spanish side earlier this month and scored on his debut."
Nihat Emre Kocaaslan: "Turkish newspaper Fanatik claim Manchester United and Manchester City are interested in signing Leicester City’s defender Caglar Soyuncu ahead of the January transfer window.
“The 23 year old, who has been in an excellent form for his club and country this season, has reportedly caught the eye of the two Premier League giants and Fanatik claim both Manchester clubs are preparing bids for the player.
“According to the Turkish newspaper, Manchester United and Manchester City will offer €50m to Leicester to sign the former Altinordu defender, as they look to strengthen their defences in the new year.
“Fellow Premier League side Arsenal have also been linked with the player in recent weeks.”