New Home kit 2018/2019
Online and InstoreBuy Now
The Blues’ striker ended last season in scintillating form, playing some of his best football for the Club to date and racking up 33 goals in total.
Yet he was left out of Argentina’s squad for their recent friendlies and now faces a fight to win back his place – though new Albiceleste boss Jorge Sampaoli says the door is open for Kun to re-establish himself for the national side.
Sportskeeda report: “Sampaoli is still open to having Aguero play a role for Argentina despite the Manchester City star being left out of his squad.
“Aguero missed out on a spot for his nation's friendlies against Brazil and Singapore, with Inter forward Mauro Icardi preferred.
“Speaking in Melbourne on Thursday, Sampaoli said that was mostly down to the depth in his attack, but he could welcome Aguero back.
‘We really value him as a player and what he's done at his clubs, especially City,’ he said.
‘We're going to have a chat with him and see how we can move forward depending on where he's at as well.
‘It is very difficult when you have three or four really good players to pick only two, so it's really going to depend on how they're feeling.’
Meanwhile The Mirror suggest City’s alleged pursuit of Kyle Walker was taken a major blow.
Darren Lewis suggests Tottenham have upped the asking price for the right-back as he writes: “Kyle Walker could be priced out of a move to Manchester City as Tottenham are now demanding more than £60million for him.
“The north Londoners are ready to dig their heels in over England right-back Walker, who only signed a new five-year contract last September.
“With Liverpool prepared to pay a similar fee for Southampton centre-half Virgil van Dijk, Spurs believe they are justified in valuing Walker at significantly more than the £40m price he originally thought was on his head.”
In other news, former City keeper Willy Caballero could be set for a surprise move to Chelsea according to reports.
The Daily Express suggest the Premier League champions have offered the popular Argentina a deal to become Thibaut Courtois’ No.2 as they write: “Caballero, 35, was released by Manchester City after Pep Guardiola decided against handing him a contract extension.
“The Argentine keeper was used regularly by the Spanish boss in the second half of the season due to Claudio Bravo's unconvincing displays and calf injury.
“And with Caballero now a free agent it is claimed Chelsea and Newcastle are keen to swoop.
“The Times say both Premier League clubs have tabled offers to sign him. “
Finally, TBR Football believe the Blues are locked in a battle with Chelsea to sign Juventus defender Alex Sandro, writing: “Reports emanating from Italy over the past day have claimed that Manchester City are joining Premier League rivals Chelsea in a race to sign Juventus left-back Sandro during the window.
“Italian outlet Premium Sport, as referenced by both the Manchester Evening News and The Sun, are alleging that Pep Guardiola is days away from making an offer for the Brazilian defender as he looks to bring in some re-enforcements to his back-line.
“A deal for the 26-year-old could cost up to a reported £42 million but the City boss is willing to meet the Italian’s financial demands after Gael Clichy, Bacary Sagna and Pablo Zabaleta were all released.”
Two previously linked players are back on the transfer rumour list.
Manchester City goalkeeper Angus Gunn will spend the 2017/18 season on loan with Norwich City.