Nicolas Otamendi is not fully fit for today’s game.
Substitutes: Carson, Walker, Sterling, Aguero, D Silva, Bernardo, Angelino
City facing rejuvenated Toffees
Everton have enjoyed a resurgence on form since Marco Silva was sacked.
Duncan Ferguson inspired the Toffees to a stirring 3-1 win over Chelsea and then a draw with Manchester United.
The stand-in boss then saw his side beaten on penalties by Leicester in the Carabao Cup before ending his tenure with a 0-0 draw against Arsenal.
Carlo Ancelotti has overseen victories over Burnley and Newcastle since being installed as manager so the visitors arrive at the Etihad in confident mood.
Stats and facts
- City have won five of our past six Premier League home games.
- Pep Guardiola became the fastest Premier League manager to 100 victories after our 2-0 win over the Blades, doing so in his 133rd match in charge.
- City have kept seven clean sheets this season, although the 23 league goals they have conceded already matches their entire tally from last season.
- The champions have won the opening match of the calendar year in the past seven campaigns, and in all six Premier League home games on New Year's Day.
- City recorded 251 Premier League wins over the decade - more than any other team.
- Sergio Aguero scored 22 league goals in 2019.
- His tally of 174 goals over the decade was a Premier League-high. He also scored the most hat-tricks, with 11.
- Kevin De Bruyne has seven goals and a league-high 12 assists this season.