Ederson is not fully fit and so doesn’t return as expected, so Claudio Bravo continues in goal.
Gabriel Jesus, Phil Foden, Joao Cancelo, Ilkay Gundogan and Benjamin Mendy all return with David Silva fit enough to make the bench.
Nicolas Otamendi is not fully fit for today’s game.
Bravo, Cancelo, Mendy, Garcia, Fernandinho, Rodrigo, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Foden, Mahrez, Jesus
Substitutes: Carson, Walker, Sterling, Aguero, D Silva, Bernardo, Angelino
Cancelo and Mendy will look to get down the flanks whenever possible this afternoon, so expect Rodrigo to stay fairly deep to support centre-backs Fernandinho and Eric Garcia.
It looks as though Ilkay Gundogan will line up alongside Kevin De Bruyne, allowing Foden to support Riyad Mahrez and Jesus in attack.
If City need any attacking subs, they will be spoiled for choice with Sergio Aguero, Bernardo, David Silva and Raheem Sterling all standing by.
City facing rejuvenated Toffees
Everton have enjoyed a resurgence on form since Marco Silva was sacked.
Duncan Ferguson inspired the Toffees to a stirring 3-1 win over Chelsea and then a draw with Manchester United.
The stand-in boss then saw his side beaten on penalties by Leicester in the Carabao Cup before ending his tenure with a 0-0 draw against Arsenal.
Carlo Ancelotti has overseen victories over Burnley and Newcastle since being installed as manager so the visitors arrive at the Etihad in confident mood.
Stats and facts
- City have won five of our past six Premier League home games.
- Pep Guardiola became the fastest Premier League manager to 100 victories after our 2-0 win over the Blades, doing so in his 133rd match in charge.
- City have kept seven clean sheets this season, although the 23 league goals they have conceded already matches their entire tally from last season.
- The champions have won the opening match of the calendar year in the past seven campaigns, and in all six Premier League home games on New Year's Day.
- City recorded 251 Premier League wins over the decade - more than any other team.
- Sergio Aguero scored 22 league goals in 2019.
- His tally of 174 goals over the decade was a Premier League-high. He also scored the most hat-tricks, with 11.
- Kevin De Bruyne has seven goals and a league-high 12 assists this season.