City U18s maintained their 100% in the Barclays U18 Premier League final stage with a 3-0 win over West Ham United on Saturday.

Rodney Kongolo scored the goal of the game to add City’s second, but the crowd in attendance at the Academy Stadium witnessed a footballing master class from Jason Wilcox’s side.

The Dutch midfielder’s effort came in between a Lukas Nmecha double as the young Blues saw off the Hammers with ease prior to the first team’s game against West Brom.

It was a relatively quiet start to the game with limited chances in the opening 15 minutes before the game sprung to life when City took the lead.

Paolo Fernandes was brought down in the area by Reece Hannam and Nmecha buried the resulting spot kick to give the young Blues a one-goal advantage.

Following the goal, City peppered West Ham’s defence, much to the delight of the crowd, and were unlucky to not get a second before half time.

First, Nmecha was denied by a fantastic save from West Ham goalkeeper Sam Howes, who somehow managed to keep out his powerful effort from point blank range before Brahim Diaz fired narrowly over.

Daniel Grimshaw’s one and only save of the game late in the first half as he easily dealt with a long range shot from Jahmal Hector-Ingram to ensure City headed into half time in the lead.

Similar to the first half, it was a slow start in the second 45 minute before, once again, the game came to life following a City goal.

Kongolo showed great footwork to take the ball past his marker before curling an effort into the top corner from 25 yards out, leaving Howes with no chance of saving it. A Goal of the Month candidate!

The 18-year old’s afternoon was brought to an end shortly as Marcus Wood and Will Patching came on to replace him and Brahim in midfield.

And it was Patching who played a big part in City’s third goal with the England youth international linking up with Nmecha on the edge of the area.

The two exchanged a flurry of passes before Patching looped the ball over the defender for Nmecha to apply the finish for 3-0.

The young striker had a chance for a hat trick with the clock heading towards the 90th minute but a combination of two defenders blocked his goal-bound shot.

Referee Robert Darfi sounded the full time whistle not long after and the win was confirmed to ensure that City U18s 100% record in the BU18PL final stage remained ahead of next week’s trip to Liverpool.