WHEN AND WHERE
The game will take place at the Academy Stadium on Saturday 17 April, with kick-off at 12:00 (UK).
The winner will host either West Ham United or Chichester & Selsey in the fifth round on Sunday 16 May 2021.
The game will be shown live on CITY+.
Available across all digital platforms - mancity.com, Man City app and Smart TV, CITY+ provides Cityzens with unrivalled access to new and exclusive City content.
It will allow you to watch full match replays of all men’s and women’s matches 24 hours after the final whistle and original CityTV productions, such as the recently released Kevin De Bruyne documentary, Made in Belgium.
You can sign up to a 30-day free trial, after which CITY+ is just £1.99GBP / month.
Find out more and sign up, here.
If you’re unable to watch the action, then rest assured that our official Twitter: @ManCityWomen will keep you up-to-date with every twist and turn.
We miss seeing you guys at the Academy Stadium but you can get involved from home on matchday by:
- Tweeting the Academy Stadium big screen with your messages as the team warm up using #CityBigScreen. The FA Cup is back at the Academy Stadium so let’s get as many of your messages of support up there as possible to get behind the team as we kick off our Vitality Women’s FA Cup title defence!
- Follow the @CitySquareLive Twitter and Instagram accounts to see behind-the-scenes on matchday and catch PA announcer Alex at the Academy Stadium, who will have a full breakdown of how we shape up against Villa.
- We will also have a matchday giveaway you can enter at full-time to win a full team signed shirt. Head over to the City Square Live Twitter to enter from 14:15 (UK time) after the match
- Finally, each matchday we have a Junior Cityzen of the Match, who joins the starting 11 on our stadium screens at the Academy as the team is read out! They also feature in the programme and receive a City Goodie Bag, and full kit!
- With only a few home matches of the season left, you can still enter to be a Junior Cityzen of the Match for a future game on the Cityzens portal, and catch the announcement for each game on the City Square Live Twitter in the hour before kick-off!
For safety reasons in the wake of the pandemic, the fixture will be played behind-closed-doors.
In line with current protocols, additional balls will be placed at intervals around the pitch.
City head into Saturday's clash in scintillating league form, having won 12 straight league games in a row.
Villa have lost their last five FA WSL fixtures and have already lost twice to City this season.
Our captain has been sidelined since making her 200th City appearance against Everton at the start of March, and the boss has called for patience as she works her way back to full fitness.
Taylor also shed some light on several other first team players as they returned from international duty ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup fourth round clash with Aston Villa.
The boss also dismissed suggestions that Lauren Hemp might be ruled out, after the forward had sustained a nasty looking head cut in England's friendly defeat to Canada on Tuesday, insisting the 20-year-old is as keen as ever to make her mark.
GARETH TAYLOR PREVIEW
“We focus on the Villa cup game, you can’t look too far ahead.
“People are naturally going to have an eye on the remaining WSL games, but for us the most important game is the Villa game.
“We want to defend our trophy, it's the first trophy I won. It was an amazing moment and we want to win it again.
"We are playing to win. You can't underestimate these teams. For villa it is a free hit. They are playing away and will have a game plan to try and beat us.
“In terms of the team, we will be as strong as we possibly can be. As strong as we need to be.
“When we have made changes and we have had to with the sheer volume of games, the level and quality hasn’t dropped. That’s the biggest compliment I can pay our players.”
City thrashed Villa 7-0 in the FA WSL at the Academy Stadium last January.
LAST TIME OUT
City head into the game on the back of a 3-0 victory away to Tottenham Hotspur.
Villa were beaten 3-1 away to Everton.
News about Man City v A Villa
Watch City v Aston Villa in the FA Women's Cup live on CITY+
Manchester City's Vitality Women's FA Cup fourth round clash at home to Aston Villa will be available to watch live on CITY+. Read more.
Taylor: We want to defend our cup
Gareth Taylor has warned against complacency as City begin our defence of the Women’s FA Cup with a fourth round clash against Aston Villa. Watch more.
Taylor provides Houghton latest ahead of Women’s FA Cup clash
Gareth Taylor is hopeful that Steph Houghton will feature again this season as she continues her recovery from an achilles injury. Read more.
FA Women's Cup: City v Aston Villa rearranged
City's FA Women's Cup tie against Aston Villa has been rearranged. Read more.