We would like to offer a very warm welcome to all supporters attending the forthcoming Manchester City v Manchester United home Premier League match on Saturday
We are sure that we all share the same view that we want to enjoy the occasion and be thoroughly entertained in a safe environment. Please take the time to read below and the Service Information as it outlines a change to the standard matchday operation and provides further advise.
1. To ensure a safe and secure matchday, access to the South end of the stadium will be restricted as is standard practise for matches this season. As a reminder, Gates 7 and 8 adjacent to the Grey Car Park on Ashton New Road will be closed to home supporters. Home supporters will not be able to walk immediately in front of the South Stand, you will be directed on to Ashton New Road should you wish to move from one side of the stadium to the other.
2. Turnstiles will open at 4pm, 90-minutes before kick-off. Please do not bring bags unless essential and only bags smaller than 16.5 x 12 x 6.5 inches will be allowed. All bags will be searched and tagged prior to entering the stadium.
3. You cannot drink alcohol in public places, around the stadium or in Manchester city centre, due to the Designated Public Places Order being in existence. The licensed premises around the stadium are for home supporters only.
4. We would like to remind all supporters that pyrotechnics are dangerous and are not welcome by the majority of fans. They cause breathing difficulties and we have had occasions when fans have panicked as a consequence of them being set off in the stadium. It is an offence to enter a stadium with such an item, or any prohibited item, and those engaging in this behaviour risk arrest, prosecution and the prospect of a football banning order.
5. We would please ask all fans not to engage in any form of offensive or racist chanting and we will be instructing police officers to take positive action against any supporter, home or away, who engages in this behaviour.
6. Supporters are reminded that persistent standing is not allowed during the match and are asked to remain in their designated block at full time until leaving the stadium. The pitch area should not be entered at any time.
7. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult (over 18) for all matches played at the Etihad Stadium. We advise you carry photo ID to prevent any issues entering the stadium.
8. You are reminded to upgrade concessionary tickets, if being used by an adult, prior to entering the stadium. You are advised to do this in advance by calling Supporter Services to prevent any issues in entering the stadium. Supporters who upgrade their Seasoncard will receive a paper ticket which will be sent in advance, or subject to timing, you will be required to collect on the day. For the avoidance of doubt, your Seasoncard will not be activated when you upgrade.
9. It is important that you have purchased, and are in possession of, the correct ticket and that it is activated to allow you access on to the campus and in to the stadium. The Club accepts no liability for tickets purchased through unofficial channels.
10. All home supporters who are collecting tickets for the Etihad Stadium may do so from the North Stand Ticket Office, located in City Square behind the stage. We will be open from 12pm until 5:45pm on matchday. You must provide photo ID when collecting your tickets. Supporters are strongly advised to collect tickets at least 60-minutes before kick-off.
11. All official home match tickets are located in the home area for the use of Manchester City supporters only. The Club does not have a neutral area and visiting supporters identified in the home areas may face ejection.
We will be utilising social media to communicate with supporters leading up to the match and will use this method to pass on any relevant information in order to assist supporters to have a safe and enjoyable experience. Please follow @ManCityHelp to keep up to date with all the latest matchday information.
Thank you in advance for your continued support.
Manchester City Football Club