We may have to wait until Saturday for Manchester City’s next game but there are still plenty of headlines about the club in this morning’s papers.
Firstly, Pep Guardiola has spoken of his relief at the form of Vincent Kompany on his return from injury.
After the victory over Crystal Palace, the boss said to FourFourTwo: “It’s a huge step. When we spoke this season with Vincent, we said don’t put on pressure.
“You have to be able to train regularly and then play one game. After that another game, and then another one. He did it [again] for 90 minutes. That’s not happened since a long, long time ago.
“I didn’t speak with him but I’m pretty sure Manuel Pellegrini missed him a lot last season, for the last two seasons."
ESPN’s Gabriele Marcotti believes it was City’s formation that saw them come out on top in Saturday’s Premier League clash.
He scribed: “Against Crystal Palace, we saw a 4-1-4-1 scheme that felt distinctly off-the-rack. Centre-backs doing what centre-backs do. A centre-forward moving like a centre-forward. Goals scored on set-pieces by the big fellas at the back.”
Elsewhere, there’s supposedly a major transfer saga on the way as clubs battle out for Monaco star Bernardo Silva.
The Daily Express believe: “Manchester United and Manchester City face a straight fight to sign Bernardo Silva, according to reports.
“Manchester United are looking to add more creativity to their midfield, and Monaco star Silva, who could fetch £70million, is on their radar.
“Pep Guardiola is eager to make reinforcements in order to turn City into title contenders next term.
“Real Madrid were courting Silva last month, but appeared to have cooled their interest as of late.”
That’s all for today’s media round-up, stick with mancity.com for more throughout the day!