It’s matchday – and there’s plenty to read in the City-centric headlines.
City travel to Burnley, seeking a return to winning ways, in today’s lunchtime kick-off (12:30 UK time).
In his press conference on Friday, Pep Guardiola spoke of his wariness of a Burnley backlash, following their 4-0 defeat to West Brom – and it seems the opposition are of similar opinion.
Midfielder Jeff Hendrick says he is relishing the prospect of facing City.
He told the Club’s official website: “This is why we are here. They are a big team in the league. They are doing great and in the Champions League.
“We’ve had a few days to get ready, make sure we’re right and to enjoy the game.
“I think that’s the main thing. We know it’s going to be hard work playing these players but you’ve got to enjoy playing against these teams.
“That’s the reason why we fought hard to be in the Premier League. Every player outside this league wishes they were in our position, getting to play against these teams and we have got to enjoy it.
“I say enjoy it, but we’re not just here for a year and then go back and fight in the Championship.
“We have our expectations. Every team can be beaten in this league and we have to make sure we’re on it.
“They are a good team. They have got good players but we’ve got to be confident in what we can do.
“We are a hard team to play against, bar Monday night really. We have got to make sure we give them a hard game.”
Meanwhile, the Manchester Evening News believe Yaya Toure could hand Guardiola a timely boost.
Writes Simon Bajkowski: “On Wednesday in the Champions League the team experimented with a number of formations during the game.
“But they might have to opt for something more orthodox at Turf Moor. With time on the training pitch so limited in the last week, it will have been difficult to work on much new.
“Toure was the unexpected saviour at Selhurst Park and his return to the team would allow Guardiola to rest some legs.
“The demands of the Champions League have been physical and mental and an early kick-off will test the mentality after only arriving back from Germany on Thursday.
“The more players that can come in and shoulder the burden, the better and Toure must still be raring to show that he can play a major role in City's campaign.”
In other news, transfer gossip is rife, as January looms.
According to TalkSPORT, Flamengo full-back Jorge has admitted he is flattered by interest from City – but insists he is going nowhere yet.
An article reads: “The 20-year-old is tipped to have a big future having amassed nearly 80 appearances at club level already.
“His performances have attracted the attention of Manchester City scouts, with the youngster admitting the attention is flattering - but not enough to tempt him away from the Brazilian club just yet.”
Jorge told Brazilian magazine Terra: “I'm glad of the rumours, my name is out there, even more with them coming to my agent.
"This is proof that I am good here, that is to say that I am being watched by Europe. I'm glad.
“But today I only think of Flamengo. I'm ready if I get an offer, I'll always be preparing. There's nothing right for next year, just rumours of clubs keeping their eyes on me.
"Today, my heart is at Flamengo and I hope to play the Libertadores."
Elsewhere, alleged target Moise Kean looks set to stay at Juventus.
The Daily Mail’s Jonathan Spencer reports: “The Old Lady starlet made both his Serie A and Champions League debut inside a week, raising his profile across Europe to new heights.
“Yet to sign a professional deal, Kean could walk away from Turin with any new club only paying a compensatory fee. However, the youngster looks poised to pen a deal with the club who have been developing him since he was 10.”