After yesterday’s draw with Middlesbrough, many of Sunday morning’s headlines focus on the record breaking exploits of Sergio Aguero and Kevin De Bruyne.
Although Marten De Roon’s late header meant it was ultimately a frustrating afternoon for City, Aguero and De Bruyne had combined excellently in the first half to give City the lead.
De Bruyne’s cross from the inside right position was perfect for Aguero and the Argentinian tucked it home for his 150th City goal after a half of domination from the Blues.
“Meanwhile, Kevin De Bruyne, who set the Argentine up, has provided 19 assists for City in all competitions since his debut in September 2015; six more than any team-mate.”
However, the article does also highlight what they perceive as City’s flaws following a run of three Premier League home matches that have finished 1-1.
It says: “Failing to kill games off has haunted City so far this season, with attacking and defensive issues to blame. Their place atop the Premier League is in danger as a result of Saturday’s tie, with Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool all within a chance of overtaking them.
“City may be the top goalscorers in the Premier League this season – with Sergio Aguero scoring his 150th goal for the club on Saturday - but they have been conceding at key moments, resulting in dropped points.”
There was special praise for both De Bruyne and Aguero from a range of sources, with John Hartson even claiming that the Belgian midfielder is one of the best in the world.
As reported by Goal, he said: "I think De Bruyne at the moment is the second best player in the world behind Messi.
“Tell me who's playing better than him in world football at the moment. Bale's not. Suarez has been quiet lately. De Bruyne, just in behind Messi, is the best in the world right now."
The National chose to praise Sergio Aguero in detail after the Argentinian reached yet another landmark in City colours.
As Richard Jolly scribes: “Aguero is a one-man manifestation of the way the new City is overhauling the old; the record books are being rewritten, and not merely in terms of the silverware secured.”
Finally, with January fast approaching, City continue to be linked with the biggest names in the game. The Mirror believe City are in the hunt for France and Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann – but they will have to fight off Manchester United.
As Tom Hopkinson writes: “Manchester City are ready to launch a £70million raid for Antoine Griezmann – and spark a major transfer battle with rivals Man United.
“The Atletico Madrid star, who is also on Chelsea’s radar, could be on his way out of the Vicente Calderon Stadium next summer.
“Sources claim City - who have asked to be kept up to speed with France international Griezmann’s situation – are willing to break the bank for the forward.”
That’s all for today! We’ll be back tomorrow with a full round-up on mancity.com!