Your daily dose of non-City related football news from around the world...
According to the Mirror, Jose Mourinho could be without both of his first-choice full-backs in Saturday's Manchester derby.
David McDonnell explains: "Mourinho has concerns over left-back Luke Shaw , who was forced to withdraw from England duty as a precaution, after suffering a calf problem during training.
"The United boss also has a dilemma over right-back Antonio Valencia , who does not arrive back from international duty with Ecuador until just 24 hours before Saturday's lunchtime kick-off.
"Mourinho must weigh up whether he can afford to take a gamble with Shaw and Valencia, or if he must reshuffle his defensive personnel ahead of such a seismic game.
"Mourinho is already without summer signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan, who suffered a rib injury while away with Armenia, and the United boss cannot afford to lose any more key men ahead of the City clash.
"If Shaw and Valencia are unavailable, Mourinho could be forced to change his central defensive pairing of Eric Bailly and Daley Blind, who have struck up an impressive partnership in United's winning start to the season."
- Brazilian legend Ronaldinho is returning to former club Barcelona to take up a role as an ambassador [Metro]
- El Salvador players claim they have been offered financial inducements to win, draw or avoid a heavy defeat in Tuesday night’s World Cup qualifier against Canada [Guardian]
- Everton are ready to tie Ross Barkley down to a new long-term deal [Football Insider]
- Lionel Messi says he'd love to return to Newell's Old Boys if he ever leaves Barcelona [HITC]
- Chelsea to move for Martín Cáceres [Guardian]