Jack Butland is in line to return to Stoke’s starting line-up ahead of the Potters’ clash with City on Saturday.
The goalkeeper's 2015/16 campaign was ended by a broken ankle suffered while on international duty with England and he missed last weekend’s season opener due to a minor injury on the same ankle.
However, the Daily Mail report the 23-year-old could make his return against the Blues this weekend after Stoke assistant boss, Mark Bowen, said: “He [Butland] tells me he is feeling fine, and depending on how the rest of the week goes there may even be a chance of him being ready for the game on Saturday - although I say that with caution.”
Elsewhere in the world of football…
- Cesc Fabregas wants to stay at Chelsea (Sky Sports)
- Liverpool want £30 million up front for Christian Benteke (Telegraph)
- Barcelona are reportedly interested in West Brom’s Solomon Rondon (Mirror)
- Arsenal are competing with Manchester United for Jose Fonte’ signature (ESPN)
- Mahrez admits Barcelona and Real Madrid would be hard to resist (Daily Mail)