Claudio Ranieri has signed a new contract with Leicester City.
As the Club’s official website revealed: “The Italian agrees terms just days before the start of City’s first ever top-flight title defence, having guided the Foxes to the most stunning triumph in Premier League history last season. He has signed a deal until June, 2020.
“Appointed First Team Manager in July, 2015, Ranieri’s Leicester took the Premier League by storm last term, defying pre-season odds of 5000/1 to win the first top-flight title in City’s 132-year history and capture the imagination of sports fans all over the world.”
The Foxes boss said: “From the moment I talked to the owners about their vision for Leicester City, I knew it was something I wanted to be part of for a long time.
“The energy that exists at this Club – from the owners and the staff, to the players and supporters – is something very special.
“I am very happy and proud that I will be part of it for years to come.
“Last season, that spirit and our hard work helped us to achieve something magical. If we can continue to work hard, maintain our passion and continue to fight with all our hearts, I am sure we can continue to be successful together.”
- Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic has been linked with a transfer away from the London club this summer [Soccer Lens]
- Ten people have been arrested in relation to allegations of match-fixing by South Wales Police [ITV]
- Thierry Henry has revealed that he is still bemused by Jamie Vardy’s decision not to join Arsenal in the summer transfer window [The Sport Review]
- Leicester have made a €27m (£23.2m) offer for the Santos forward Gabriel Barbosa [Guardian]
- Gareth Barry set to join select Premier League club this season as Everton star awaits 20th campaign in top flight [Daily Mail]
- Monaco have released Portugal defender Ricardo Carvalho on a free transfer [ESPN]
- Man United’s Juan Mata may move to Everton [101 Great Goals]
- Juventus make offer for Nemanja Matic [Telegraph]
- West Ham have made a £6.8 million bid for Olympique Lyonnais forward Rachid Ghezzal [Caught Offside]
- Chelsea are reportedly set for talks over Thiago Maia with Santos president Modesto Roma having arrived in London [Daily Express]