quote

What the Media Says

Video 1 Gallery

Mirror: Stones to follow Sane through the door

STONES: Could the defender be on his way to the Etihad Stadium?

STONES: Could the defender be on his way to the Etihad Stadium?

City’s signing of Leroy Sane on Tuesday will not be the club’s last piece of business in the transfer window, if you are to believe this morning’s papers.

The Mirror believes that Pep Guardiola will look to follow up the deal for Germany international Sane by sealing the signature of rumoured target John Stones.

Darren Lewis writes: “Pep Guardiola wrapped up the £37million capture of Leroy Sane, then told City to get him John Stones.

“The Manchester City boss will step up his attempts to reach a compromise over the £50million-rated Everton defender, who he rates as his No.1 target.

“The Manchester City boss, however, is concerned at Everton’s insistence that there remains “a significant gap” between the two clubs’ valuation over Stones.

“Sane has signed a five-year deal as he finally confirmed his move to the Etihad from Schalke yesterday.

“But Everton are digging in their heels despite City’s take-it-or-leave-it £40million offer for the 22-year-old centre-back.”

There are fresh rumours from another long-running saga this morning, as the Daily Star have reported that Barcelona have slapped a major price tag on goalkeeper and supposed City target Marc-Andre Ter Stegen.

James Benson said: “New City boss Pep Guardiola is apparently interested in luring the Germany international away from his former club.

“Despite Ter Stegen having allegedly agreed terms with the Etihad outfit, his club are not prepared to negotiate with them.

“And he has been told his suitors must stump up his £67.2m release fee if he is to be allowed to walk away from the Nou Camp.”

Continuing with the theme of potential incoming goalkeepers, Sport Witness have reported the claims of Portuguese daily A Bola that Sporting Lisbon goalkeeper Rui Patricio could be on his way to Manchester.

Lucas Sposito reported: “City’s interest had already been reported in July, but A Bola claims it once again on Tuesday, saying Sporting are even looking for replacements already.

“The Portuguese club are reportedly keeping an eye on Salvatore Sirigu from PSG and Benoit Costil from Rennes.

“They would demand at least €20m for the 28-year-old, who was just named the best goalkeeper of the 2016 Euro championship.”

Finally, Goal believe that Gabriel Jesus will be a City player soon.

Chris Davie penned: “Pep Guardiola’s side have had their £28.6 million offer accepted by Palmeiras and are now waiting for Brazil’s Olympic team to allow the player to travel to Manchester to complete the move.

“Gabriel will join City in December if he secures a work permit.

“Barcelona were also keen on Gabriel and had used Neymar to try to convince the 19-year-old forward to join them ahead of City.”

That’s all for today City fans! Keep checking mancity.com and @ManCity for the latest news and reaction on your club.

First Team News

Social reaction: #WelcomeLeroy

Picture Special

Training gallery: Serious business

Picture Special

Leroy Sane is here!