Elsewhere in the world of football...
According to the Sun, Barcelona are planning to offer Lionel Messi a new multi-million five-year contract to fend off interest from other clubs.
James Leyfield reports: "The Argentina superstar has been linked with a move to Chelsea after his father held a secret meeting with Roman Abramovich on the Blues owner’s yacht.
"According to Spanish sports newspaper Mundo Deportivo, the Catalan club are keen to tie their prize asset down until 2021 and will offer the 29-year-old star a new contract in the coming weeks.
"Messi is currently on holiday with his with long-term partner Antonella Roccuzzo after a tough summer in which he retired from international football following Argentina’s loss in the final of the Copa America to Chile.
"Barca have not yet drafted the documents for Messi’s contract, but are expected to enter talks with him when he returns from his holiday.
"His current deal expires in 2018 and contains a 250 million euro buyout clause.However, it’s not known how much Barca will have to offer the Argentine to tempt him to stay."
- Ronaldinho says Lionel Messi is still the best player in the world despite failing to win a major trophy for Argentina [Sky Sports]
- Chelsea striker Diego Costa has handed in a transfer request [Soccer Lens]
- Rio Ferdinand believes signing Paul Pogba could be a turning point for Manchester United [Express]
- Sunderland are still in limbo with the Sam Allardyce and England situation [Shields Gazzette]
- Leicester City are 6000-1 to win the 2016-17 Premier League title [ESPN]
- Jose Mourinho is keen to bring AS Monaco right-back Fabinho to Manchester United [Metro]
- Oxford City’s managing director Colin Taylor has been found dead at the club’s stadium after his body was discovered by a member of the public [Independent]
- Barcelona are prepared to listen to offers for Arda Turan if their valuation for the Turkish international midfielder is met [Caught Offside]
- With Asmir Begovic set to leave Stamford Bridge, Chelsea are moving quickly to replace him with AC Milan goalkeeper Diego Lopez [Soccer Lens]
- Wolfsburg attacker Julian Draxler is keen to join Arsenal [Squawka]
- Liverpool are closing in on moves for £4.2m defender Ragnar Klavan and £25m-rated Georginio Wijnaldum [Football 365]
- Negotiations between Juventus and Napoli for Gonzalo Higuain have entered their first phase [Gazzetta World]
- Everton could be set for a move for France midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin [The Everton Forum]
- Besiktas are preparing a €7 million bid for Barcelona defender Jeremy Mathieu [Caught Offside]