quote

What the Media Says

Video 1 Gallery

City considering £7m swoop for PSV goalkeeper Zoet

TRANSFER TALK: Is Jeroen Zoet on his way to City?

TRANSFER TALK: Is Jeroen Zoet on his way to City?

Another day, another truckload of transfer gossip to bring your way...

There's plenty of it in today's headlines!

According to the Daily Mail, City are weighing up a move for PSV Eindhoven goalkeeper Jeroen Zoet as Pep Guardiola ponders the future of Joe Hart.

Writes David Kent: “The new Etihad Stadium chief is poised to enter the market for a new goalkeeper despite Hart's position as the club's undisputed No 1 in recent years.

“And Zoet is understood to be emerging as a strong contender alongside Barcelona's Marc-Andre ter Stegen should Guardiola decide he wants a new shot stopper.

“City already have extensive knowledge of the Holland international having scouted the 25-year-old regularly last season.

“Zoet impressed last season, playing a crucial role for PSV as they secured their second successive league title.

“His 13 clean sheets earned Zoet a place in the Eredivisie team of the year while he was also named in Opta's Champions League team of last season.

“The goalkeeper could be available for as little as £7million. Zoet is on the radar of a number of English clubs; Crystal Palace and Newcastle have both shown an interest in the custodian.”

In other news, Juventus director Fabio Paratici has apparently suggested deals for Leonardo Bonucci and Paul Pogba could be completed this weekend.

Goal.com’s Dejan Kalinic illuminates: “Reports are suggesting that Pogba's £100 million move to Manchester United could be completed this weekend, while Manchester City have already had a £43m bid for Bonucci rejected by Juventus.”

Paratici is quoted in the piece, stating: “All the big clubs know that their top players can receive tempting offers.

"At Juve, for example, we have the [Leonardo] Bonucci and [Paul] Pogba interest from many clubs and are prepared for possible replacements.”

Meanwhile, ESPN report Marlos Moreno is set for a move to the Etihad Stadium.

Jonathan Smith explains: “Atletico Nacional forward Moreno had been expected to be part of the Colombia squad for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in August, but coach Carlos Restrepo said on Thursday that the 19-year-old was set to complete a move to City and would not be given permission to play in the tournament.”

Restrepo allegedly told a news conference: "Marlos is going to Manchester and Manchester will not let him play.”

Continues Smith: “City have not confirmed a transfer although they have reportedly agreed an £8.23 million deal with his club.”

Elsewhere, the Manchester Evening News claim to have an update on the speculation around interest in Joshua Kimmich.

Says Simon Bajkowski: “Carlo Ancelotti has suggested that Joshua Kimmich will not be leaving Bayern Munich any time soon.

“The German international was one of the standout players at Euro 2016, earning rave reviews with his displays at right-back and being named in UEFA's team of the tournament.

“Manchester City are in need of new defenders as Pep Guardiola tries to build a title-winning team. John Stones, Leonardo Bonucci and Aymeric Laporte have all been discussed in the middle while the four first-choice full-backs are all in their 30s.

“Even if none are moved on, the new boss has to solve the problem of who will start at right-back on the opening day of the season given he is unlikely to have Bacary Sagna or Pablo Zabaleta available.

“Given the 21-year-old was brought on by Guardiola at the Allianz Arena last season and has the versatility the coach desires in a player - he can also play at centre-back or in central midfield - it would be remiss of City not to register an interest.

“But Ancelotti has closed the door on the idea that Bayern could be about to let one of their prime assets go this summer, having only signed him from Leipzig 12 months ago.”

He asserted: "Kimmich is our player, he is very important for us. He will stay with us 100 percent."

Keep your eye on City Now throughout the day for the latest breaking transfer stories…

First Team News

FrankenCity: 20/20 vision

Picture Special

Training: Ready, steady, smile!

What the Media Says

In Other News: Costa hoping for Atleti return?

The main headlines elsewhere this morning concern Chelsea with one high profile star linked with a move away and several big names linked with a move to Stamford Bridge.

101 Great Goals believe striker Diego Costa has asked Chelsea to be allowed to return to Atletico Madrid this summer.