Before the modern day onslaught of the internet, mobile phones, live streams and global connectivity, there was just football and newspapers and footballing memories.
In this book, bloggers Simon Curtis and Howard Hockin revisit some of City’s most memorable matches and, layer by dramatic layer, give old classics the minute-by-minute treatment, allowing the reader to share the nerve-tingling build-up of tension that those who were there on the day felt themselves.
This beautifully written and exhaustively researched book follows the dramatic developments in ten all-time classic Manchester City matches - and not necessarily ones that ended well for the Blues. They are dealt with in “And He’s The Left Back, Remember” in intimate detail and in chronological order, giving the following chapters:
- 1980-81 Tottenham 3 City 2 - FA Cup Final replay
- 1982-83 City 0 Luton Town 1 Division One
- 1987-88 City 10 Huddersfield Town 1 – Division Two
- 1988-89 City 5 Manchester United 1 – Division One
- 1995-96 City 2 Liverpool 2 – Premier League
- 1998-99 City 2 Gillingham 2 – Division Two Play-Off Final
- 2003-04 Tottenham 3 City 4 – FA Cup 4th round replay
- 2010-11 City 1 Manchester United 0 – FA Cup semi-final
- 2011-12 Manchester United 1 City 6 – Premier League
- 2011-12 City 3 Queens Park Rangers 2 - Premier League
The full range of human emotions, covered in ten enthralling contests that sum up the spirit and core of Manchester City Football Club.
For a chance to win this book, just tell us: Who was sent off at half-time in Manchester City’s FA Cup match at Tottenham Hotspur in February 2004?
For your chance to win, tell us...Who was sent-off in City’s FA Cup tie @SpursOfficial in February 2004?Winner selected at random!— Manchester City FC (@MCFC) February 9, 2016
You can purchase Simon & Howard’s book here, in paperback and Kindle format: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hes-Left-Back-Remember-Manchester/dp/1519755619/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455022707&sr=8-1&keywords=howard+hockin