The Independent are one of several papers and websites this morning linking Lionel Messi with a summer move to City.
Of course, we’ve heard this story a number of times before but it’s a rumour that’s certainly sparked the interest of a number of journalists around the globe.
So what’s been said?
Here’s how The Independent see things: “The report adds that initial talks have already been held between Messi’s representatives and City, although Messi’s hefty wage demands would set City back a whopping £40m-a-year – not to mention the near £200m transfer fee that is being reported.
“Messi’s future remains one of the most talked about subjects in football, despite the Barcelona forward showing no signs of discontent at the Nou Camp.
"However, the Sun reports that Messi has been privately put out by the club’s desire to secure Neymer’s contract before his own, and that has alerted officials at City to a possible move in the summer.
“28-year-old Messi remains good friends with Neymar after they formed a lethal trio along with Luis Suarez that tore Real Madrid apart last weekend. But it’s Messis’ desire that has led to his apparent unhappiness, and it’s fuelled City’s belief that they can bring him to the Premier League at the end of the season.
“With the new Premier League TV deal set to come in next year – which will boost the coffers of whoever wins the title by £150m – City will have the financial firepower and Financial Fair Play allowance from Uefa to launch the move.”
A fresher transfer rumour appears in Gazzetta World who link a player who shone against the Blues in the midweek Champions League clash in Turin,
They write: “After squaring off against Juventus in the Champions League on Wednesday, Manchester City are said to have made a mammoth €40 million bid to try and secure Alex Sandro.
“The Bianconeri ran out 1-0 victors thanks to a Mario Mandzukic strike, securing them a place in the knockout stage in front of their home fans.
“Juve’s goal came from a Sandro cross, and it appears the Brazilian’s display impressed the Premier League side so much that they submitted the €40m bid soon after the final whistle.
“Despite being a €14m profit on what the Bianconeri paid to secure the left-back from Porto, director general Giuseppe Marotta quickly said no to the offer as the Turin side have no intention of letting the 24-year-old leave at this time.
“The offer is all the more surprising given City were linked with a move for the Brazilian during the summer, but ended their pursuit in hopes of landing Sandro on a free transfer at the end of the campaign given he only had one year remaining on his deal.”
Finally, City skipper Vincent Kompany reveals how the attacks in Paris left him upset and unable to sleep for several days.
The Daily Mail snippet reads: “Kompany, currently sidelined by a calf injury, revealed in an interview with CNN how he had been affected by the events.
“'It's very upsetting. You know, I didn't sleep for three days after probably the attacks, but as well information came through that it was related to my city,' he told the broadcaster
'Now, for me, it was hurtful. I love my city. I love the people. Like most of the people, I think I was shocked.'
More City news and rumours tomorrow…