In the second part of our mini-series about our new summer signings, we bring you 10 lesser-known facts about Fabian Delph...
- Left is right: Fabian adds to the stable of 'cultured' left feet parading for City alongside luminaries David Silva and Aleks Kolarov
- Boxing clever: While Delph is known most for his hard-hitting skills in the midfield, he was also an avid boxer as a youth. Premier League players know that despite his small stature, Delph is no lightweight and is as tough as they come.
- Philosopher: Delph shares a birthday with great French thinker Voltaire, as well as team-mate Jesus Navas on November 21.
- Familiar footsteps: Delph shares two previous clubs with ex-City midfielder James Milner, having broken through at Leeds before establishing himself at Aston Villa.
- Prize guy: Delph was named Football League Player of the Year, PFA League One Player of the Year, Leeds United Players' Player and Young Player of the Year in 2009 - a decent season then! He was also Aston Villa Supporters' Player of the Year for the last two seasons.
- Guitar hero: In his spare time Fabian has been trying his hand at the guitar.
- ZZ top: Delph namechecks French legend Zinedine Zidane as one of his midfield idols.
- Yorkshire lad: Delph was born in Bradford, West Yorkshire, but was a Leeds fan growing up, achieving a boyhood dream when he joined them in 2006.
- Bus boy: Delph used to take three buses and a train to get to Leeds' Thorp Arch facility when he first joined the Elland Road side.
- Internationals: Fabian made his England debut against Norway in September 2014
Check back tomorrow for the lowdown on new defender Nicolas Otamendi!