City have completed the capture of Dietmar Hamann, and here are a few interesting facts that you might like to know about the experienced German international midfielder.
Height: 6ft 3 inches
Premier League goals: 12
1. Broke a toe after coming on in the 2005 Champions League final. However, this did not stop him from taking and scoring the vital first penalty with that broken toe.
2. Holds the record for the number of completed passes in the English Premiership.
3. Part of a Bayern Munich side that won two Bundesligas and the UEFA Cup in his time there.
4. Runners-up medal from the 2002 World Cup.
5. Last player to score at the old Wembley Stadium.
6. His introduction as a second-half substitute in the 2005 Champions League final and this year's FA Cup final steadied the Liverpool midfield and inspired two great comebacks.
7. An ever-present in the German team at France 98, Euro 2000, the 2002 World Cup and Euro 2004.
8. Was Liverpool's record signing when Gerard Houllier bought him from Newcastle United for £8million in 1999.
9. Played alongside Stuart Pearce while at Newcastle United.
10. 57 caps for Germany, scoring on five occasions.