City in the Community are once again backing the Asics Greater Manchester Marathon by offering FREE places to Manchester City fans.
Are you looking for a new challenge for the new year?
City in the Community encourage an active and healthy lifestyle and are looking for 10 runners to take on the 26.2 mile challenge on Sunday April 19 2015 at the UK’s flattest marathon.
All runners will be asked to raise a minimum of £250 in sponsorship for the CITC Foundation, with all proceeds impacting on the lives of people in Greater Manchester through the work of our programmes.
Health and Education Manager of City in the Community, Pete Tickle said: "Last year, we had a fantastic team of Blues that represented the club at the Manchester Marathon.
"They were cheered on from start to finish by City Supporters on route whilst achieving a lifelong ambition.
"This year, we again are looking for an inspiring team of runners, who will make a great impact with their fundraising."
If you would like to represent the blue side of Manchester, and wear your colours with pride taking on the ultimate endurance challenge, please declare your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Runners will receive:
- Free race entry
- City in the Community race t-shirt
- Nutritional advice
- 10-week training plan
- Race day meeting point
- Race day cheering squad on route
- Post event coverage of our runners through MCFC media
- Prize for the highest fundraiser from our team
- Training runs
- Agree to raise a minimum of £250 in sponsorship for City in the Community
- Runners must be over the age of 18 and have a general state of good health and fitness
- Follow a training plan to be prepared for the marathon
You will need to be available to run on Sunday April 19 2015
Deadline for entry is midnight on 29 January 2015
All money raised benefits young people within our local community