As a show of support, passion and celebration, flags have long been synonymous with football and as we prepare to unveil a new one, we of course need the help of Manchester City fans.
Each and every matchday the Etihad Stadium is decorated with a host of flags as supporters proudly show their colours to get behind Pep Guardiola and the team.
And with our latest ‘Design the Flag’ competition we want to channel the imagination, creativity and love fans have for the Blues for a new banner which will be housed in Level One of the East Stand.
So, if you have an idea for an inspiring image or phrase, put your design skills to good use and create a new City flag, which will be revealed at our Champions League match against Monaco.
As always, we want fans to be at the heart of this latest initiative and so we’ll be handing the decision over to you to decide which design should be crowned the winner.
Here’s everything you need to know…
- You have a choice of two flag sizes - 15m x 25m or 15m x 15m – for your design, which can be downloaded below.
- To enter, send your design to @ManCity on Twitter using #CityFlag.
- Entries must be submitted no later than 12 noon on Friday 10 February.
- We will select four designs, which fans will be able to vote for on Twitter between 12 noon on Monday 13 February and 12 noon Wednesday 15 February.
- The winner will be announced Thursday 16 February.
By participating in the competition, you agree to be bound by the competition terms and conditions. Click here to view the terms and conditions.