Help us change lives in Bangalore through the power of football.
Take part in a life-changing volunteering trip to Bangalore, India on 13-16th February 2019 where you will connect with our Cityzens Giving project “Water Goals”, generously supported by Manchester City official partner Xylem.
We are seeking community-minded fans who will be selected to travel to Bangalore, India from 13-16th February 2019 to spend four days volunteering with our Cityzens Giving community football project in Bangalore, alongside employees from Manchester City official partner, Xylem.
If you are a making a positive impact in your community, whether you run the local kids’ football team, regularly volunteer for a local charity or have completed a significant fundraising challenge, we want to hear from you.
- Spend four amazing days volunteering in the city of Bangalore
- Meet like-minded Cityzens from other parts of the world
- Work as a team alongside inspirational local Young Leaders to deliver a life-changing football and safe water project together
Your role as a volunteer
Your role will include working on the build of a new water tower, supporting a community football festival and seeing the Cityzens Giving project in action.
- Return flights to Bangalore from your local departure airport and airport transfer on arrival in India
- Visa costs
- Hotel accommodation and all meals in Bangalore
- Travel insurance
- Travel to and from locations within Bangalore
- Criminal record check and safeguarding training costs
- A City Football Foundation representative will accompany volunteers throughout the trip
What’s not included?
- Vaccinations (successful applicants will need to consult their GP/medical practitioner about the recommended vaccinations for the trip and take all necessary precautions)
- Travel to and from your home to your departure airport
How do I apply?
To apply, complete the application below. The deadline for applications is midnight on Wednesday 28th November 2018.
City Football Group is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information of all applicants/candidates for the fan volunteering opportunity in Bangalore. Before your application is submitted, please ensure you review our privacy notice. This explains how City Football Group collect and use personal information about applicants/candidates during and after the application process.
Are there any eligibility requirements?
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older as of 1st December 2018
- Volunteers must be willing to complete satisfactory criminal record check and safeguarding training in their home country
- Volunteers must have a passport with at least six months’ validity from the return date
- Volunteers must be in good health and prepared for a moderate level of physical activity (see section below)
- Volunteers must have an open mind and flexible attitude for working in a new environment and visiting different communities
- Volunteers should bring energy and enthusiasm to make a difference
- Volunteers must behave in an appropriate manner and must not act in a way that could adversely affect the reputation of City Football Group or any of its partners
Please note that if your application is successful, you will be asked to sign the following ahead of departure:
- Image and video consent form - volunteers will be asked to consent to being featured in video content and imagery captured from the trip to be used by City Football Group and its partners
- City Football Group Safeguarding Policy and Safeguarding Code of Conduct
- Conditions of Participation
Is there anything I should be aware of before applying?
- Participation in the volunteer project could include activities that may be hazardous, including, but not limited to, construction activities, the use of power tools and other electrical equipment and loading and unloading heavy equipment and materials. City Football Group will take reasonable steps to minimise risk but applicants should be aware of these risks when deciding whether to apply.
- The Volunteering Project may involve travelling to and from locations that pose risks to health, safety and security of travellers. City Football Group will take reasonable steps to ensure that the successful applicants are protected whilst participating in the volunteering project however applicants should also read the FCO travel advice for India, together with information from other sources you’ve identified, before making your own decision on whether to apply.
- The Volunteering Project will be physically and mentally demanding. Participants must be in a suitable physical condition to undertake the activities set out in the itinerary. If you have a medical condition or disability which may affect your involvement in the project you must provide us with full details on the application form. We will do our best to accommodate applicants with physical or mental disabilities where reasonably possible but if we feel unable to properly and safely accommodate your particular needs we will be unable to accept your application.