In collecting and using personal information, we want to be clear about what we are doing and make sure you understand the way in which we are using it.
1. Why do we collect data?
Fans can interact with Manchester City and City Football Group in a number of ways including; attending a match, visiting our official website, engaging on social media, interacting on mobile, or participating in our community programmes.
These interactions generate information about who our fans are and what they want. This information can help us understand what is working well, improve our products and make sure we meet an individual’s expectations as a supporter.
Additionally, there are a growing number of benefits for a fan to register with Manchester City:
- Exclusive news included in our email newsletters
Exciting competitions and prize giveaways Access to relevant and personalised content via our Cityzens platform
- Participation in surveys to help make us a better Club
- Helping Supporter Services to answer any queries you might have
Manchester City are the data ‘controller’ of the information you provide and we will never sell your data.
2. What data do we collect?
When you register with Manchester City, we create a profile page to show what personal details you have given us, which you can edit as and when you like. Over time, we will highlight more data that might be of interest or use to you, such as your transactional history and online content you might enjoy.
- First Name & Last Name: We ask for your name so that we can provide a more personal and efficient service. Our Supporter Service team will know who you are and immediately access your details.
- DOB & Gender: This information is useful to understand how our fanbase is developing and for security. It also helps us to give you better and more bespoke recommendations. We will also send you a birthday message if you have opted in to receive one.
- Address & Location: This is especially important when we need to deliver products to you. This information also tells us where our fans are located in the UK and around the world. Again it also helps us provide you with more relevant information.
From time to time we may obtain additional information about you from other reputable third party data sources to understand more about who is using our products and services. This helps us learn about your lifestyle and interests and we can use this information, alongside cookies and similar technology such as Online Behavioural Advertising, to provide more relevant offers and content to you. Our Cookies Policy has more detail on this.
You can opt out at any time of and choose what you want to receive in your preference centre accessed via the website or email.
3. What we do with the data we collect?
Manchester City will use the information we collect on individuals in the following ways:
- To help us monitor, analyse and improve our content and product offering
- To allow fans to take part in the interactive features of our digital products and services
- To provide fans with a more personalised experience, for example providing by making content and product recommendations
- To better assist fans on queries, complaints or requests via our online, telephone and mail channels
- To allow us to fulfil products and services a fan has requested, such as tickets and merchandise
If at any point you believe the information we hold on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. Please contact our Supporter Services team here
If wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer; Simon Cliff at DPO@cityfootball.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”).
The ICO’s contact details are:
The Information Commissioner
- Arabic (pdf)
- Bengali (pdf)
- Brazilian Portuguese (pdf)
- Chinese (pdf)
- Danish (pdf)
- Dutch (pdf)
- Finnish (pdf)
- French (pdf)
- German (pdf)
- Hausa (pdf)
- Hindi (pdf)
- Indonesian (pdf)
- Italian (pdf)
- Japanese (pdf)
- Swahili (pdf)
- Korean (pdf)
- Mandarin (pdf)
- Nepali (pdf)
- Norwegian (pdf)
- Polish (pdf)
- Portuguese (pdf)
- Russian (pdf)
- Spanish (pdf)
- Swedish (pdf)
- Thai (pdf)
- Vietnamese (pdf)