player focused PROGRAMME
Continue your football journey at the Manchester City Football School throughout the Summer of 2023.
Any 5-12 year old.
One world-class facility.
Boys and girls can train while having fun at the City Football Academy whilst experiencing an authentic Manchester City training programme.
- A 4-week player focused program providing individuals the opportunity to learn a range of skills in game scenarios
- Booking will be available in 2024
- Under 7s will have 2 training sessions a week
- Under 9s, Under 11s and Under 13s will have 3 training sessions a week
- All sessions delivered by established Manchester City Coaches, following the same philosophy used to develop City’s own players, delivered in a fun, positive and safe learning environment.
- The 4-week course is priced at £150 plus £60 for kit for Under 7s. And £225 plus £60 for kit for Under 9s, 11s and 13s. (Late booking will be priced on a weekly pro rata rate)
The player focused programme aims to provide individuals the opportunity to learn defensive, midfield and attacking skills in real situations:
- Players will learn how to choose the correct skills when in possession
They will improve their decision making skills when out of possession
The programme will support them to develop a greater and more specific understanding when in defence, midfield or attack
- The sessions have a focus on fun while learning about specific players and their positions
Booking will be available in 2024.
|Age Group||Date of Birth||Session 1||Session 2||Session 3|
|Under 7||01/09/16 - 31/08/18||Wednesday:
|Under 9||01/09/14 - 31/08/16||Monday:
|Under 11||01/09/12 - 31/08/14||Tuesday:
|Under 13||01/09/10 - 31/08/12||Tuesday:
The player focused programme is priced at
- Under 7's: £150 plus £60 kit pack (£18.50 per session approx).
- Under 9's, 11's, 13's: £225 plus £60 kit pack (£18.50 per session approx).
Bookings taking place after the course has commenced will be charged on a pro rata basis.
The kit pack includes shirt, shorts, 2x socks, rain jacket, tracksuit bottoms, water bottle and drawstring bag.
City Football Academy
Training sessions are delivered at the City Football Academy, home to Manchester City’s first team, Women’s team and Boys and Girls Academy teams.
Courses are aimed at players aged 5-12 years old, boys and girls, who enjoy playing football and are looking to improve their skills and game understanding.
All players should be physically able to participate in age-appropriate practical football training sessions.
For players with disabilities there are a number of initiatives delivered through City In The Community (CITC) where specialist staff will oversee more appropriate session content. Please visit https://www.mancity.com/community
Players should arrive already changed in their kit approximately 15 minutes before the start of each scheduled session.
The address is:
City Football Academy, West Gate, Alan Turing Way, Manchester, M11 4TQ
Parking is available at West Gate car park.
Google Map link can be view here.
All sessions will be delivered on artificial pitches.
As such, players should wear the appropriate footwear (boots for artificial/firm ground or turf trainers – no screw-in studs or running shoes).
Each player will receive a kit pack as part of their course enrolment. Kit sizes can be viewed here.
Each coaching session is delivered by UEFA qualified Manchester City coaches.
All coaches are DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service background checked), hold ‘First Aid in Football’ qualifications and hold the FA Safeguarding Children award (trained to promote best practice to protect young people).
Players will be grouped by ability within age groups where possible to ensure maximum participation, positive learning opportunities and a fun experience for all.
Manchester City Football Club strives to ensure that everyone in our care or attending our activities feel safe and free from risk of harm. The Club takes its safeguarding responsibilities very seriously and we are committed to creating a safe and positive environment for everyone.
View our Safeguarding Policy.